- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
This role involves frequent cross-function collaboration to deliver defined chassis features and requirements. As a member of the Workstation R&D lab team, you will be responsible for leading workstation chassis development and integrating the motherboard, components, and accessories into the world’s best workstation solution. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering performance platforms with low cost, good quality and on schedule.
If you are our Workstation Mechanical Engineer in Taiwan, you will have a chance to:
- Integrate the chassis, heatsink, motherboard, power supply, cabling and all discrete components into the most powerful and cost-effective workstation solution
- Work cross-functionally with architects, ID, EE, procurement, quality and supply chain to deliver high quality chassis solutions against aggressive cost and Time-to-Market goals.
- Collaborate with other HP business unit or external partners to explore and realize leverage opportunities for chassis solution development
- Design and develop products using broad engineering concepts and through directing and providing technical consultation to ODM.
- Work under architects’ guidance to develop chassis specification
- Lead the mechanical development communication and issue troubleshooting where engaging cross-functional teams is the norm.
- Oversee off-site shock and vibration testing. Where there is an issue, work with ODM and internal functional experts and take ownership for issue resolution
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Typically 5-8 years of experience in mechanical design
- Laptop/desktop/server/storage products experience is highly preferred.
- Track record of great sense of ownership, proactive attitude and being a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence
- Experience in developing chassis and thermal solution for high-performance computing systems
- Using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Knowledge for shock & vibration issue debug and solution implementation
- Experience working with both Asian ODMs and US team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and good command of English
- Ability to establish clear goals and formulate plans to achieve them
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Travel to China or the US on a need basis
About the company
The Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) is an American global information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It develops and provides a wide variety of hardware components as well as software and related services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.