- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
XRisk C# Developer - 90225709
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:8 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
RFT Credit Risk – XRisk Developer
Czech Republic, Prague
The ‘Risk, Finance and Treasury’ department is part of Investment Bank Technology and Change organization and is responsible for delivering the risk management systems that has enabled Barclays Investment Bank (IB) to become a top tier franchise.
While proud to be a best-in-class technology organisation, as evidenced by our many industry awards, meeting the priorities over the next 5-10 years requires a shift in approach and engineering our technology platforms. Staying the same, while the world changes around us, is not an option. The business is looking to us to drive new solutions and sustainable outcomes.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
The hiring team is responsible for building the strategic RFT Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) generation system (XRisk / Eagle), which is undergoing a large transformation as part of the T0 Stress project.
The team is moving to a scalable microservice based architecture, utilising the RFT Wolf platform (C#) for workflow orchestration and the RFT Core Risk Engine Framework (CRE) with QAPrimary pricing library (C++).
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing the components required to enable integration of CCR stack with the bank’s state-of the-art Data Fabric solution and contribute to its evolution through successful team collaboration.
She or he will be a senior developer within Credit Risk Valuation agile team responsible for all aspects of the development process, including technical design, implementation, code-reviews, testing, production deployment, and support.
This is a challenging role requiring strong technical skills and problem solving abilities well suited for a candidate who is motivated by the opportunity to build quality solutions in a technical environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic opportunity to work within a driven, like-minded team using a mix of technologies and can shape the next generation of CCR stack with a wide user base across the globe
What will you be doing?
• Development of a distributed cross-asset trade pre-processing solution for EOD and intra-day risk
• Design of appropriate solutions within defined remit.
• Hands-on development using C#/.NET 4.5+, Visual Studio 2015, XML/XSLT, SQL Server, Python
• Producing SOLID code with excellent test coverage
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity and internal testing frameworks
• Full participation in Kanban software delivery process backed by Jira/Git/Bitbucket tooling with strong emphasis on code reviews and team collaboration
What we’re looking for:
• Strong ability to understand complex systems with a large number of interacting components
• Experience with rule based driven processing, ideally, within financial services business domain
• Extensive C# .Net experience covering
o Server side development
o Multi-threaded code
o Service Oriented Architecture using Rest
• Strong appreciations of SOLID design principles and its effective application in practice
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience with in-memory data grid and/or no-SQL technologies (e.g. GridGain, ElasticSearch)
• Database development, ideally with MS SQL Server
• XML and XSLT technologies
• TDD / BDD (SpecFlow)
• Automation / DevOps
• Agile development (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Providing support and resolving issues for systems in production
• Cross-region teams and projects
Skills that will help you in the role:
• C++ development skills
• Development in scripting language such as Python
• Experience with Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana, distributed systems (e.g. Data Synapse, NServiceBus) and messaging (e.g. Solace, RabbitMQ)
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.