Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
- Nuevo Laredo
As a Metrology Specialist at Caterpillar you will establish the appropriate measurement equipment and method for specific applications and characteristics; managethe Gage Lab to meet ISO 17025 and CQMS requirements, control and administration of gage lab, calibration andcertification of masters and precision gauges. Develop and improve Measurement sequences on Gage Lab equipment such as CMM’s, Roundness & surface gages.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and implement quality systems and controls as it relates to measurement systems
* Manage calibration and gaging systems to comply ISO17025 and CQMS requirements
* Develop and implement measurement plans and controls to ensure quality of the product to meet customer specifications
* Work with customer quality and engineering teams to ensure correlation between company and customer measurement systems and techniques
* Work with project leaders in projects related to measurement equipment to validate or recommend new equipment acquisition.
* Create CMM programs for measuring complex parts
* Evaluate new calibration methods and procedures.
* Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes.
* Maintain calibration and certification on gage lab measurement equipment
* Perform laboratory administration and management.
* Establish the appropriate measurement equipment and method for specific applications and characteristics
* Establish calibration/certification standards for gauges
* Develop standard work sheets for gage lab measurement equipment
* Mentoring and coaching on measurement techniques.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing
* English 80-100% (read, write and speak)
* 3-6 years of experience with an excellent understanding of quality management practices. Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures.
* Expertise in CMM programing and measurement of complex geometry and high precision components (Mahr, Zeiss, Jenoptik, Ametek, Mitutoyo).
* In depth knowledge of wide range of Metrology equipment, measurement practices, calibration and certification Strong understanding of GDT&T, SPC & statistical analysis.
* Knowledge of ISO 17025 and Gage Lab requirements
* Strong understanding on Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
* Knowledge on ANSI/ASME standards
* Ability to perform layouts based on product drawings
* Skilled in use of Microsoft Office & Minitab software programs
* Good communication skills (oral, written and the ability to present material)
* Availability to travel (domestically and foreign)
* Good problem-solving skills (ability to troubleshoot fixturing and measurement problems)
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* Ability to lead, train, and develop employees in metrology
* Leadership skills.
- ms project
Sobre la empresa
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.