HOW TO EFFECTIVELY BLOG FOR BUSINESS
Me: “I want to tell you what a blog can do.”
Client: “You mean, other than waste my time?”
Yes. I’ll admit it. Blogging can be a huge time suck. But for those who learn how to effectively blog for business, it is a powerful marketing tool:
- On average, companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month than those without (Source: Hubspot)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI (Source: HubSpot)
- 60% of consumers feel engaged with/positive about a brand or company after reading custom content on their blog (Source: ContentPlus)
- Blogging is responsible for 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links in search engines (Source: DemandMetric)
- 1 in 10 blog posts are “compounding”, meaning that organic search steadily increases their traffic over time (Source: HubSpot)
So what separates those who effectively blog for business from those who don’t?
The answer: Strategy.
A blog is a tactic, not a strategy
Writing a blog is not a marketing strategy. You can blog until the cows come home and still never win a sale because of it.