Resources for logo designers - Imperial Infosys
Corporate logo design is not an easy task since it requires polished graphical design skills as well as good understanding of client’s industry and goals. In this article we have gathered tips and resources for logo designers: how-tos, blogs, books and inspirational sites.
To understand how the process of looking for ideas and forms looks like we recommend to check out the following links:
- The process of creating logo for helicopter transportation company and various options of logo design.
- How to design logo for a company providing web strategy services.
- Creating logo for blog.
Books and blogs
Three books that always make it to the must read lists for logo designers are “Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities” by David Airey, “Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team” by Alina Wheeler and “Marks of Excellence” by Per Mollerup.
But your reading list shouldn’t be limited to books: blogs and web sites for web designers are also a place to look into when working on your logo:
- Butterick’s Practical Typography teaches you about fonts.
- Web Design Ledger talks about design related stuff, being it Material Design or news from the world of logo designers.
- Eyes on Design is a blog curated by American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), an organization bringing together professionals