Need A Job and beBee.com Can Help. WWW.SAVANNAHSUPPLYCHAIN.COM
APICS SAVANNAH CHAPTER LOVES beBee!!
Here are some tips that may help you as a bee that needs a job, see steps # 0-24:
0. Smile every day in front of a mirror, exercise-go for a walk, be kind to others, look to help at a food bank as a volunteer. Now as your reading this be sure to follow social distancing 6-8 feet or 2 meters, wash hands regularly , wear a mask if going out, remember this will pass. Follow any posted guidelines that are published from your community medical associations.
1. Have a LinkedIn, Instagram & beBee Profile that makes you shine. Do some YouTube videos! see mine, just look me up on YouTube as Bill Stankiewicz Loves Georgia. Do a dance on TicTok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5KgRzbXEI
2. Have a GREAT or OUTSTANDING resume that focuses on hard skills, transferable skills and cool achievements. Go eat some donuts with a hot cup of coffee in your beBee.com mug!! Or if in the UK, get a cup of tea!!
3. TAGCROWD TIPS: Have a keyword optimized resume for each online job application (use Tagcrowd).
4. YES AND WORK ON A GREAT COVER LETTER FOR EACH JOB: Have a that tailored cover email for each resume submitted directly to a recruiter or hiring manager. Spell the names correctly, like a carpenter, measure twice cut once!!!
5. FIND GREAT RECRUITERS BY ASKING PEOPLE YOU KNOW, FRIENDS, FAMILY, ETC.: Please Always work with good recruiters.
6. INTERVIEW TIPS that have worked for Bill Stankiewicz: Do your homework, be researched and always prepared for interviews. Go have some Avocados, its a healthy item for you to eat!!
7. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY! NEVER or Don’t fake it in your resume or interviews. Always be honest!!
8. Please Use C.A.R.L. technique for behavioral question responses. Not sure what I mean, google it bee!!
9. Follow up with a “thank you” after interviews. I use hand written letters still.
10. Dress the part. Look sharp!
11. Have a positive attitude. AND SMILE, grin !!! And if unsure repeat number 11!!! SMILE!!
12. Don’t trash former employers. Stay positive here, be objective and honest for reasons that you left,
13. NEVER GIVE UP HERE: Always keep searching between interviews. Call everyone you know, friends , old and new, your place of worship, teachers, parents.
14. Network hard online. Work it and have a great routine!!
15. Always Contact former colleagues and family.
16. Have references on standby. Be sure to keep them in the loop and give them a heads up if they are to be called!!
17. Know what your salary expectation is. Be realistic.
18. Be psychologically prepared to hear “no” and face rejection. It will happen a lot at times!!
19. Remember that you will get many nos, we are not hiring, its a pandemic, but please take nothing personally.
20. Always be sure to engage in self-care. Smile, keep well groomed. Look the part to be ready everyday for that next job. BE A SUPER BEE! FOLLOW OTHER BEES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. If you have the funds look at being part of any free business organizations or business chambers in your area.
22. Stay positive , talk to others here on beBee, post, share nicely, and yes smile!
23. Many companies are still looking to hire, seek the out on social media links, read publications, many are free online and at libraries remotely available. Be a great little bee, lots of networking opportunities here on beBee.
24. Call Javier at beBee, network, network and repeat #24!!