Sales Training with Dave Crane - Why Your Sales Team Fails?
I train sales people.
Speakers are all sales people.
Anyone who even looks at a customer is a sales person.
YOU are a sales person too.
I had an amazing session with a client who explained the sales funnel process that her consultancy company went through to get clients.
Their clients are usually legal firms.
- They connect with the firm and invite them out for drinks.
- They network and get to know them socially then follow up with a sales meeting where they show ask for business.
- Once given a current client/case to work on they go away and create a presentation.
- Then they present it to the law firm.
- Then (hopefully) the law firm introduces them to the real client.
- Then they get a chance to pitch the real client to work as a consultant on their case.
- Then hopefully they will get the business.
- Then hopefully the client will pay as agreed.
We all have a finite amount of life on planet Earth.
Don’t waste anyone’s time especially your own.
Here’s what you do…
- ONLY talk to the key decision maker NO ONE ELSE.
- Ignore any other business card where they may have to take your proposal to someone else — you have just wasted your time if you don’t.
- Tell them what you do and offer to fix their headaches 100%.
- Let them talk.
- Ask a ton of questions proving you know what they need by sharing examples of past successes.
- Close their commitment to move forward together.
- Arrange payment terms.
You are a consultant and a business professional.
NOT A SLAVE.
- The top person in any firm will make a call to their personal assistant and get in the key person from the department where you want to do business.
- Then the boss will tell their employee (HR Director, Marketing Manager, Head of Procurement etc) exactly what they want them to do for you.
- They will then do everything they are told and help you make a lasting long term partnership.
Unless of course, you mess up the delivery, customer service and after sales.
Yes, you’re welcome.