BRAZEN ALTAR - *DEAD TO THE OLD MAN*
BRAZEN ALTAR *DEAD TO THE OLD MAN*
*PEOPLE CANNOT BE WASHED BY THE WORD UNTIL SIN DIES
THE BRAZEN ALTAR
THE BURNT OFFERING
- A VOLUNTARY OFFERING
of sacrifice & death to flesh and self, the PRICE paid by Jesus Christ for us, fulfilling our responsibility, thus we can by faith appropriate the PRICE paid by Jesus Christ, coming to die for our sins
The pattern: - Exodus 27:1 - 8.
"Build an altar of acacia wood, three cubits high; it is to be square, five cubits long and five cubits wide. Make a horn at each of the four corners, so that the horns and the altar are of one piece, and overlay the altar with bronze. Make all the utensils of bronze--its pots to remove the ashes, and its shovels, sprinkling bowls, meat forks and fire pans. Make a grating for it, a bronze network. Put it under the ledge of the altar so that it is halfway up the altar. Make poles of acacia wood for the altar and overlay them with bronze. The poles are to be inserted into the rings so that they will be on two sides of the altar when it is carried. Make the altar hollow, out of boards. It is to be made just as you were shown on the mountain."
Symbology as follows: -
* altar = place of slaughter, sacrifice, death, or incense [prayer]. Can be of earth, stone, brass or gold.
* acacia wood = incorruptible wood, non decaying
* wood, humanity of Christ. Root out of dry ground, Stem of Jesse.
* bronze = judgement against sin of disobedience.
* three = number of Godhead, number of divine completeness, perfect testimony.
* square = four = earth, world, four corners, 4 winds, 4 seasons.
* five = grace, offerings, ministry.
* horn = power, strength, defense.
* its position is directly in front of the entrance, we become aware of our of our sinful condition,
after seeing Jesus as He is.
*it was made from wood=(flesh) covered with brass=(suffering) 3 cubits high, length & breadth
5 cubits. Grate 1/2 cubit high.
*its purpose is for sacrificing of our sins, as salvation is the only entrance to God's presence.
*the Power of the Blood is our experience here, the Blood takes care of our
Past: - "In Him we have redemption [deliverance and salvation] through His Blood, the remission [forgiveness] of our offences [shortcomings and trespasses], in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favour......"
Present: - "But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses [removes us from all sin and guilt - keeps us cleansed