LAVER - *SANCTIFIED*
*PEOPLE CANNOT BE ENLIGHTENED UNTIL THEY ARE WASHED BY THE WORD*
THE BRAZEN LAVER
THE TRESPASS OFFERING
A COMPULSORY OFFERING
New Testament equivalent = Sanctification
"Then the Lord said to Moses, Make a bronze basin, with its bronze stand, for washing. Place it between the Tent of Meeting and the altar, and put water in it. Aaron and his sons are to wash their hands and feet with water from it. Whenever they enter the Tent of meeting, they shall wash with water so that they will not die. Also, when they approach the altar to minister by presenting an offering made to the Lord by fire, they shall wash their hands and feet so they will not die. This is to be a lasting ordinance for Aaron and his descendants for the generations to come."
Symbolism as follows: -
* bronze = judgement against the sin of disobedience.
* basin/laver = place of washing, cleansing for service by the Word; sanctification by Christ.
* water = eternal life through Christ. The Holy Spirit flowing.
* hands = strength, power, action, possession.
* feet = walk; conduct, on earth and sea. Formal possession.
* Tent of meeting = point of contact.
* Aaron = type of Christ as High priest. enlightened, mountaineer.
* Aaron sons = type of the priesthood.
The brazen laver was made from the women's looking glasses, which in those days were made of brass. Thus the symbology for today in those things that cause us suffering or bring us judgement [brass] as we have ourselves mirrored back to us [looking glass/mirror] need to be eliminated from our lives. They are washed out of our lives by the water of the Word; just as the top section of the laver contained water to wash the priests hands.
The bottom section was there to enable the priests to wash their feet; which still touched the dirt - the world
Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet, his whole body is clean, though not every one of you." For he knew who was going to betray him................