LAVER - *SANCTIFIED*
*PEOPLE CANNOT BE ENLIGHTENED UNTIL THEY ARE WASHED BY THE WORD*
THE BRAZEN LAVER
THE TRESPASS OFFERING
A COMPULSORY OFFERING
New Testament equivalent = Sanctification
"Then the Lord said to Moses, Make a bronze basin, with its bronze stand, for washing. Place it between the Tent of Meeting and the altar, and put water in it. Aaron and his sons are to wash their hands and feet with water from it. Whenever they enter the Tent of meeting, they shall wash with water so that they will not die. Also, when they approach the altar to minister by presenting an offering made to the Lord by fire, they shall wash their hands and feet so they will not die. This is to be a lasting ordinance for Aaron and his descendants for the generations to come."
Symbolism as follows: -
* bronze = judgement against the sin of disobedience.
* basin/laver = place of washing, cleansing for service by the Word; sanctification by Christ.
* water = eternal life through Christ. The Holy Spirit flowing.
* hands = strength, power, action, possession.
* feet = walk; conduct, on earth and sea. Formal possession.
* Tent of meeting = point of contact.
* Aaron = type of Christ as High priest. enlightened, mountaineer.
* Aaron sons = type of the priesthood.
The brazen laver was made from the women's looking glasses, which in those days were made of brass. Thus the symbology for today in those things that cause us suffering or bring us judgement [brass] as we have ourselves mirrored back to us [looking glass/mirror] need to be eliminated from our lives. They are washed out of our lives by the water of the Word; just as the top section of the laver contained water to wash the priests hands.
The bottom section was there to enable the priests to wash their feet; which still touched the dirt - the world
Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet, his whole body is clean, though not every one of you." For he knew who was going to betray him....................
The laver was filled with water from the smitten rock; which is a type of Jesus; being our Rock of Ages. Sanctification is only possible through Jesus as he is the Living Word. You cannot be enlightened, until the Word washes you. Truth comes and converts our soul, leads us to the door of the Holy Place, brings life.
The laver in the New Testament thus represents experiences of water baptism and sanctification. It also represents the ministry of the teacher who presents the Word of the Living God like a mirror to the people.
"........to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing of the water of the Word,...............
To place the word trespass in perspective we need to look at the following: -
# Sin --- fall short of the mark
# Iniquity --- lawlessness
# Transgression --- to cut across
# Trespass --- to overstep the mark
- We need to understand that God wants our attitude and hearts right; He is far more concerned about our attitudes, than our actions. He will help us put our attitudes and hearts right - by bringing people and circumstances into our lives.
* The Bible Study is under the care of the teacher anointing. The function there is to train and equip the saints; and also to keep the saints focused on the symbolic Brazen Laver and Golden Candlestick.
..., we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:7.
For people landing on the page for the first time, please go to the first posting, and proceed from there, as all the postings are sequential in nature.
Actually, it would benefit you the most, if you go to the very first posting in this hive, so that you can follow through on the sequence, obtaining maximum benefit.
Thank you, and it will be for your own benefit.
I WOULD START HERE -
LINK TO THE VERY BEGINNING -
WHO WE ARE, AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN
August 17th 2016