SOME MORE JOB DESCRIPTION
* ...built on the foundation of the apostle .......
`The things that mark an apostle-signs, wonders and miracles.............
2 Corinthians 12:12
`They devoted themselves to the apostle's teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.
`The reason I left you in Crete was that you might straighten out what was left unfinished, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you.
*.....`Are you not the result of my work in the Lord?.....For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 9:1,2
`I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seem to be the leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my own race.'
`For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in an arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as men.
1 Corinthians 4:9
`Rejoice over her, O heaven!
Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets!
God has judged her for the way she treated you.'
`For I am the least of the apostles and do not deserve to be called an apostle,............
1 Corinthians 15:9
The CHURCH ELDERS must test the Apostle, the test being that he is doing what the word says---
because there are false apostles.
`I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those that claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them to be false.'
`For such men are false apostles, deceitful workman, masquerading as apostles of Christ.'
[2 Corinthians 11:13]
* Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
This is how you can recognize the Spirit: Every spirit that says Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.
1 John 4:1-3a
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. And if revelation comes to somebody who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. The spirits of the prophets are under the control of the prophets.
1 Corinthians 14:29-32
* For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
1 Corinthians 14:33
* But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
1 Corinthians 14:3
Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.
During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world. (This happened during the reign of Claudius.)
...`built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ as the chief cornerstone.
* "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you shall know them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus by their fruit you will recognize them.
Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!'
* Therefore I tell you that no-one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is cursed," and no-one can say, "Jesus is Lord" except by the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:3.
He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
* At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me. "Do not do it! I am a fellow-servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking and correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16.
* For no matter how many promises God has made they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 1:20,21.
When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists who whisper and mutter, should not a people enquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? To the law and the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.
* You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign and wonder, and if the sign and wonder of which he has spoken has taken place, and he says "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship," you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with your soul. It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the Lord your God,...
* But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is to come.
* The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3:6
ANYONE WHO DOES NOT TEST THEMSELVES ON THE ABOVE CRITERIA OPENS THEMSELVES TO THE APPLICATION OF THE FOLLOWING SCRIPTURE: -
* IF YOUR BROTHER SINS AGAINST YOU, GO AND SHOW HIM HIS FAULT, JUST BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU. IF HE LISTENS TO YOU, YOU HAVE WON YOUR BROTHER OVER. BUT IF HE WILL NOT LISTEN, TAKE ONE OR TWO OTHERS ALONG, SO THAT EVERY MATTER MAY BE ESTABLISHED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. IF HE REFUSES TO LISTEN TO THEM, TELL IT TO THE CHURCH; AND IF HE REFUSES TO LISTEN EVEN TO THE CHURCH, TREAT HIM AS YOU WOULD A PAGAN OR A TAX COLLECTOR.
The criteria for the evangelists, pastors and teachers are well established by usage, as these ministries have been restored to the body for quite some time.
For people landing on this page for the first time, please go to the first posting, and proceed from there, as all the postings are sequential in nature.
Actually, it would benefit you the most, if you go to the very first posting in this hive, so that you can follow through on the sequence, obtaining maximum benefit.
Thank you, and it will be for your own benefit.
LINK TO THE VERY BEGINNING -
WHO WE ARE, AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN
August 17th 2016