THE ARK OF THE COVENANT
THE ARK OF THE COVENANT
"Have them make a chest of acacia wood - two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make a gold moulding around it. Cast four gold rings for it and fasten them to its four feet, with two rings on one side and two on the other. Then make poles of acacia wood and overlay them with gold. Insert the poles into the rings on the sides of the chest to carry it. The poles are to remain in the rings of the ark; they are not to be removed. Then put in the ark of the Testimony, which I will give you.
Make an atonement cover of pure gold - two and a half cubits long and a cubit and a half wide. And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover. Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the Testimony, which I will give you. There above the cover between the cherubim that are over the ark of the Testimony, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites.
Symbology as follows: -
Chest = Christ in humanity and deity; throne and Presence of God among His people. The mediator.
acacia wood = incorruptible flesh, non-decaying wood, humanity of Christ, Root out of dry ground, Stem of Jesse.
* two = witness, testimony, agreement.
* half = in between the meaning of one.
* one = beginning, source, compound unity, singular one, Oneness.
* gold = Divine nature, glory, faith of saints.
* moulding = ornamental border.
* four = earth, world -4 corners, 4 winds, 4 seasons.
* rings = eternity, endlessness, also authority, power in another's name.
* poles = priesthood, shepherding, leading, guiding, protection, measuring, Christ our Shepherd and measuring rod.
* Ark of the Testimony = place of God's communication, place of blood propitiation, the mercy seat.
* atonement cover = redemption, appeasement of God's wrath, Calvary.
* cherubim = those grasped, held fast, or seized.
* wings = supernatural, divine transport, divine defense, protection.
Contained the law, pot of manna, the rod that budded, and over and above these items; the mercy seat; and above these two cherubim facing each other.
In the most holy place, the Holy of Holies
Position: for God's presence to dwell on.
The place where atonement for the whole nation was made.
Psalm 46***Be still and know that I am God
* The Covenant meeting is under the care of the apostolic anointing. The function there is to train and equip the saints; and also keep the saints focused on the symbolic Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, hol