Make a courtyard for the tabernacle. The south side shall be a hundred cubits long and is to have curtains of finely twisted linen, with twenty posts and twenty bronze bases and with silver hooks and bands on the posts. The north side shall also be a hundred cubits long and is to have curtains, with twenty posts and twenty bronze bases and with silver hooks and bands on the posts.
The west end of the courtyard shall be fifty cubits wide and have curtains, with ten posts and ten bases. On the east end, toward the sunrise, the courtyard shall also be fifty cubits wide. Curtains fifteen cubits long are to be on the one side of the entrance, with three posts and three bases, and curtains fifteen cubits long are to be on the other side, with three posts and three bases.
For the entrance to the courtyard, provide a curtain twenty cubits long, of blue, purple and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen - the work of an embroiderer- with four posts and four bases. All the posts around the courtyard are to have silver bands and hooks, and bronze bases. The courtyard shall be a hundred cubits long and fifty cubits wide, with curtains of finely twisted linen five cubits high, and with bronze bases. All the other articles used in the service of the tabernacle, whatever their function, including all the tent pegs for it and those for the courtyard, are to be of bronze.
Symbolism as follows: -
courtyard = enclosure, settled abode, settlement, to sound a trumpet, sound, or player on clarions.
* south = quietness of the earth, opposite of the north.
* hundred = law, order, government, ten commandments, human responsibility; multiplied ten times.
* linen = moral purity, righteousness.
* twenty = Divine order; ten = law, order, government, ten commandments, human responsibility; multiplied by two = witness, testimony, agreement.
* bronze = judgement against sin of disobedience.
* silver = redemption, price of a soul.
* north = power, majesty, judgement; God's throne.
*west = evening, going down of the sun, sunset day closing.