Finding Success in a Male-Dominated Industry
If your a woman in the Financial Services industry, then it's time to fully consider how much more successful you can be in this male-dominated industry and here are just a few reasons why:
- 975,000 American women are widowed annually (U.S. Census)
- The median age for new widowhood is 59.
- Combine that sobering statistic with a high divorce rate, and it is almost a guarantee that every woman will shoulder sole responsibility for finances at some point. In fact,
- Women will control 67% of private wealth by 2020
- About 30% of widows and divorcees will change financial advisors after the husband is gone.
- Only about 15% of Financial Advisors are women
- Yet, women want to work with like-minded women, but often can't find them!
Here's the challenge;
Because women make up such a small percentage of Financial Advisors, many question if they are enough. Smart enough. Confident enough. Pragmatic enough, etc.
Some of my clients have shared that they feel they're putting on a facade, a front, and they're afraid someone will see through it, whether that be their peers, clients, or both. They over prepare to help compensate for this feeling, to avoid making any mistakes, or being unable to answer questions on-the-spot. They feel like they have to change who they are when working with clients so they appear more like their male counterparts because they believe this is what their clients want and expect.
This creates a vicious loop of self-doubt and worry, lack of confidence, stress, over preparing, and back to self-doubt and worry. And, each time the self-doubt and stress increase, that facade becomes ever more burdensome.
How would it feel to break that cycle and stay in a confident, positive state of mind so that you can be comfortable being you? You see, what women investors are really looking for is what you naturally possess;
- Connecting wealth to the things they love, rather than "beating the stock market"
- A similar perspective of life
- Clearer communication
- And empathy, to name just a few.
Your value to your clients and your broker is escalating and it's time for you to capitalize on it!
If you feel now is the time to do more and be more, then reach out to me and we'll discuss how I've been helping others like you be more confident, happier, and much more successful as Financial Advisors!
Be sure to view the video below as it is a fantastic experience involving millions of dollars and a large bonus for my client!
Transformative Thinking - Making the good GREAT and the great EXTRAORDINARY!!!
About Dr. Edward Lewellen
Dr. Edward Lewellen is an expert in creating methodologies for people to learn to use their mind; their beliefs, thoughts, and behaviors, and put them back in control of their lives and become top-producers. He is a Master Executive Coach, leadership and sales expert, and keynote speaker for some of the largest global organizations.