21 Content Marketing Ideas
Here is a quick list of my top 21 content marketing ideas. These are some effective and relatively simple ways to generate content for your small business, non-profit organization, or entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Continually build up your email list and send weekly newsletters, offerings, positive reviews, or just some helpful tips and insights.
- Actively blog about industry news and trends. BeBee.com is a perfect platform. A key element of success with blogging is to write in-depth content that focuses on trending topics that are generating buzz and interest.
- Create a short video about your business. Post it on YouTube and send it out on email and your social media channels. One of the best methods to create inexpensive, high-impact videos is by leveraging Facebook Live.
- Offer a free white paper or industry.
- Publish a short eBook (30-40 pages), either for free or for a small fee. One of the best ways to create an eBook is to repurpose many of your previous blog posts into one eBook.
- Encourage your satisfied clients to share their positive online reviews onto Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List and Google My Business. Multiple studies have shown that positive reviews influence purchasing decisions more than any other content, as well as giving a small boost to your maim website’s SEO.
- Put on a workshop or seminar on a popular topic. The worksheets are valuable content. Moreover, you can video these events for further content and livestream the event via Facebook Live.
- Conduct an online survey of your clients and then publish the results. This can be converted into a blog post, a Google Hangout, and a white paper.
- Have on your website the top frequently asked questions (FAQs) and publish these on your social media channels. Additionally, make a video for each question. This could give you a FAQ series of videos to be shared on social media and email.
- Do a webinar for your clients. This can be on various topics of interest.
- Conduct and publish case studies of those you have helped or serviced with great resu