How to File a Claim for Your Stolen Vehicle?
Is your vehicle stolen? Thinking of the right procedure to file a claim for it? If yes then you are at the right page. At times, it can be very daunting to act in the right manner and take the necessary steps when the vehicle is stolen. However, with the proper knowledge and awareness, you can minimize your loss and can get the claim at the earliest.
Procedure to make a smart claim for your stolen vehicle
· Filing FIR- The first and foremost step that you must take right after your vehicle is stolen is to file a First Information Report (FIR). Note that, you can make an insurance claim only with a proper copy of FIR with you. Yes, this is the foundation of claiming.
· Informing the insurance company- After you have filed the FIR, you must dial the customer care of your insurance company and inform it about the same. The company will then start with its own procedure and will try to minimize your financial loss to the maximum level. You must know that it is essential to inform the insurer at the earliest to prevent the theft issue from worsening.
· Informing the RTO- It is necessary to inform the Road Transportation Office (RTO) immediately after the vehicle is stolen in order to acquire the RTO transfer papers. Among all the important documents, transfer paper is the most important.
· Gathering the documents- After informing the police, insurer and the RTO, you must collect all the documents to file an insurance claim. The documents have to be submitted with the properly filled claim form to the insurance company. These documents include the original copy of FIR, a copy of the driving license, the copy of the stolen vehicle’s registration certificate, copy of all the policy documents, duly filled claim form, original keys of the stolen vehicle and RTO transfer papers signed and submitted along with the necessary forms.
· Acquiring the No-Trace report- When you file FIR of your stolen vehicle, make sure to acquire the No-Trace report from the police. This report is a proof from the police that your vehicle has not been located. Remember, if you do not have this report, it might become difficult for you to file a claim. Also, you will have to wait for this report, as it is generated usually after a month from the date of theft.
Therefore, all you need to do is to follow these steps and make an insurance claim without any hassles. In addition to this, you must not lose patience, as the insurance company will try tracing your car with its specialist investigators. In fact, the company might also help you in acquiring the important documents from the police. Since the entire process usually takes 60 days or so, you must not worry. You need to sit patiently and give it time.
With this, you must know that the insurance company will take around 90 days to generate Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car if it is not found. The entire process will go right once you have moved in the right way. To know more about the insurance claim, you can reach our customer support team. Our team is well-proficient and has years of experience in the respective field. They will be all ears to your queries and will solve them all in the minimum possible time. Also, they will make you aware about the online bike insurance renewal, the difference between comprehensive and three-year insurance policy for two Wheeler and about all the terms involved with an insurance policy.
Hence, you should acquire the entire information about the insurance claim and move ahead in the right direction.