Top 3 Best Construction Takeoff and Estimating Software Review for 2016
Construction Takeoff & Estimating Software Review
PlanSwift’s goal in creating this review was to provide a non-biased and objective review of the top construction estimating software packages on the market right now. In researching each of these packages we installed and used the software reviewed, and researched multiple websites to find the best and worst reviews for your convenience. In this article, PlanSwift gives you only the facts so you can make an educated decision when picking the best construction estimating software for your business.
PlanSwift is the number one takeoff and estimating software on the market. Over 40,000 professionals around the world use it for it’s quick and accurate estimates. This software is known for being easily customized to each person and their trade specific company. From concrete to plumbing PlanSwift makes it easy to customize your software. Just create your assemblies, drag and drop, and instantly you have an accurate estimate of your costs.
Top 3 Reasons to use PlanSwift…
- Point and Click – PlanSwift can takeoff and estimate in seconds with it’s simple color coded system. If it’s colored, it’s counted.
- Drag and Drop – Just drag and drop your material and labor assemblies on your takeoff screen and watch as your costs are automatically counted.
- Print or Export – Sharing your estimate with people has never been easier with Planswift being fully Excel compatible.
Pros: PlanSwift is easy to learn, includes CAD tools that create designs in the software, master cost database included, Free online webinars, Free 14 day trial, lower end of the price range, easily customized, single click takeoff feature.
Cons: It costs extra to integrate with QuickBooks. Would need an emulator for Mac computers, no cloud platform.
Best for… PlanSwift works for more than 10 different trades in the construction industry but works best for construction management firms, custom home builders, general contractors, production home builders, property owners, and specialty contractors.
PlanSwift Reviews & Rankings
- Software Advice: Out of 66 reviews PlanSwift was rated 4.1 / 5 stars
- Capterra: PlanSwift was rated 4.5 / 5 stars in each category on Capterra; overall rating, ease of use, and customer service.
- TopTenReviews: TopTenReviews ranked PlanSwift 7th in Construction estimating software with a 9.03 / 10 overall rating.
- Software Insider: PlanSwift has a number of different reviews on Software Insider that have all been verified. This leaves PlanSwift with a 7.6 / 10
Our Overall Rating: We use our own independent findings combined with online customer reviews to give a solid representation of how well a software meets the most important needs of its customers. PlanSwift receives 9.4 / 10
2. Blue Beam
Blue Beam is a PDF based takeoff and estimating software with award winning PDF creation, editing, markup and collaboration technology. Blue beam primarily works for Windows desktop or tablet users but does have a separate software made specifically for Mac or iPads. With this software you can create jobs that can be converted from Microsoft Office and CAD files.
Top 3 Reasons to use Blue Beam…
- Both 2D and 3D PDF markups can be used in the software.
- Create and batch PDFs directly from Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Integrates with SharePoint and ProjectWise.
Pros: Integrates with SharePoint and ProjectWise easily,customizable markup tools, Free trial, lower end of the pricing range, one click PDF creation.
Cons: Uses mainly PDF files, only for windows, some features hard to use on tablets.
Best for… General contractors, specialty contractors, Federal, state, and local government administrators, building owners, and office personnel.
Blue Beam Reviews & Rankings
- Software Advice: Bluebeam was rated 4.5 / 5 stars from the 11 reviews on Software Advice.
- Capterra: N/A
- TopTenReviews: N/A
- Software Insider: N/A
Our Overall Rating: We use our own independent findings combined with online customer reviews to give a solid representation of how well a software meets the most important needs of its customers. Blue Beam receives 8.65 / 10
3. On Center Software
On Center Software includes both On-Screen Takeoff and Quick Bid. The takeoff portion of the software can be used by both commercial and residential contractors for a number of different trades. On Screen Takeoff supports digitizer integration as well as file integration (CAD, PDF, etc). The estimating portion of the software has an electronic quote system, accounting integration, and cost databases.
Top 3 Reasons to use On Center Software…
- No limit to number of users that can be added to the system.
- Both takeoff and estimating software.
- Subcontractor management included.
Pros: Free webinars, 24/7 online support, Free trial, ease of use.
Cons: Only works for Windows computers, must repurchase software after a couple years.
Best for… On-Screen Takeoff is a software intended for Construction Management Firms, Architects, Custom Home Builders, Engineering Firms, General Contractors, Product Home Builders, and Specialty Contractors.
On Center Reviews & Rankings
- Software Advice: With over 20 reviews On Center Takeoff was rated 3.9 / 5 stars on Software Advice.
- Capterra: On Center Takeoff received a 4 /5 stars as an overall rating on Capterra along with a 4.5 /5 in both Ease of Use and Customer Service
- TopTenReviews: N/A
- Software Insider: N/A
Our Overall Rating: We use our own independent findings combined with online customer reviews to give a solid representation of how well a software meets the most important needs of its customers. On Center Takeoff receives. On Center receives 8.5 / 10