How to Proactively Manage Guest Requests
“Our largest event of the year is today,” you tell your staff.
Your guest-to-staff ratio is 15:1.
In no time, the incident calls immediately start coming into the command center.
You’re receiving eight to 10 guest requests between each incident call.
Suite guests have multiple food and beverage requests – one after another. Wheelchair requests are coming in with no end in sight.
Your team is challenged with mitigating the high frequency of incidents occurring. But, your staff is also struggling to handle the guest requests coming in through the radio.
The calls are so backed up people are complaining.
Some of your guests have left in anger and frustration.
There’s no differentiation between communication for incidents or guest requests.
Incident calls are taking priority and so wheelchairs aren’t making it to your guests. VIPs aren’t receiving their food or drink, and housekeeping is running behind, so there are unattended wet spills looming.
Routing all calls through one individual is creating chaos.
Your operation is breaking down when it should be moving proactively.
This shortfall leaves you feeling helpless.
What do you do? How do you come back from this?
We’re going to show you.
Maximum Performance Results in First-Class Service
Are you and your staff responding to various incidents while simultaneously trying to maintain your secondary operations?
- Medical situations
- Drunk people
- Wet spills
Properties like yours require staff to handle incidents and staff to answer the many guest requests ranging from wheelchair to food service requests.
Efficiently responding to them can become problematic, especially when they’re coming in through radio traffic, in person, or guests are calling them into the command center direct.
Request calls get mixed in with high-priority incidents!
This drawback results in many overlooked requests.
Does this sound familiar?
Your guests then perceive a low customer service standard.
What happens then? You got it. They don’t come back!
- Requests are overlooked.
- Needs aren’t being met.
They’re sent but never dispatched to appropriate teams.
It’s your job to deliver a memorable, safe experience for your guests.
But, are you?
The experience you deliver will either motivate them to return or never come back. You need to do everything to ensure the experience you deliver motivates your guests to return.
We know that’s a high priority goal for professionals like you.
We have great news:
- Boosting your operation with increased staff efficiency will lead to a better experience for the people you’re servicing. It can be accomplished using request tracking software.
Avoid Shortfalls Using Request Tracking Software
Managers need a user-friendly process to ensure their staff can dispatch and respond to guest needs efficiently.
It’s important to make guest requests a priority while not diminishing your incident management.
Incidents and requests are found in all industries and are many times managed in a similar way.
Solution providers have modeled a system you can easily use to separate the two processes.
Regardless of your industry, you can attend to either incident or request calls as any proactive operation would.
You have the ability to organize all aspects of your guest services operation, and you can do all this for your specific needs.
Proactive, web-based systems allow a guest request to be submitted three ways:
- Option 1: The most efficient way to enter request details is via a short form that can be pushed into a queue within seconds. Your staff can then return to the details at a later time and complete additional information if necessary. Your employees effortlessly input the required details, reducing the time it takes to deliver.
- Option 2: Enter comprehensive guest service request information using a long form option provided in the more advanced solutions you’ll find. When, what, where, who it’s assigned to, who is reporting, comments and notes and documents can be added to your long forms. This ability will provide you with historical records for future analysis.
- Option 3: Your staff uses their incident management mobile app to submit a guest request via their hand-held mobile device from anywhere on your property. This method works just like it would for an incident – but for a guest request.
Proactive Operations Exceed Expectations
All the features of these software solutions collectively give you the functionality to be proactive on event day or even during the day-to-day operations on your property.
Inefficient processes and overlooking the needs of your guests can stay in the past. Agree?
Cumbersome methods are out-of-date when you use these solutions.
Your problems with guest expectations are resolved. Operational efficiency and customer satisfaction is the rewarding effect.
You can track and communicate requests using a separate solution rather than overwhelming your incident management system with non-incident related information.
This ability ensures your property’s requests are not overlooked.
- An excellent feature of these solutions is confirmation that a request was received, dispatched, and completed can be sent to requesting guests via text message, leading to a memorable experience.
- Request reminders can also be sent via text and email to your team so that they have record when the request was needed and when it was performed.
An increase in customer satisfaction and efficient staff allocation is the return on investment you’ll see immediately!
Accountability and awareness are present.
Your staff is empowered with need-to-know information so the tasks they’re responsible for, get done.
From the start of the initial request to delivery of your guest’s needs, every team member is aware of the execution of tasks.
Exceeding Expectation Is the Result of Continued Analysis
There’s no question; we’re advocates of analytics and measuring your operation for continuous improvement.
When choosing a system for your operation, make sure the reporting features allow you to generate comprehensive reports so you can review all critical statistics.
Analyzing these reports should be simple and give you the ability to see data on an array of charts.
Being strategic means taking advantage of your comprehensive reports for tracking, managing, and analysis.
- Accurately measure the performance of your operation
- Look at the inner workings of your procedures and performance to see what’s working and what needs to be refined
- Detect and identify issues with response times
Analytics is the tool to you being able to make better business decisions.
Employ Proactive Operations, and don’t stop improving your operation.
Over to You
After reading this article, you’ve probably realized how many guest requests are slipping through the cracks. You don’t know what you’re missing if you don’t know it exists.
Use request tracking software to proactively manage guest requests. This effort is how you exceed expectations for years to come.