STARTING TODAY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN PAIN
This statement refers to a method for removing chronic pain. It comes from Pete Egoscue's book, Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain. It's about The Egoscue Method. A method that works!
(See the hive for more information: https://www.bebee.com/group/the-egoscue-method)
But there's no such thing as "Pain Free"!
... LOOK familiar?!
Or perhaps you started up an exercise class or sport only to find odd aches and pains the next day...
... FEEL familiar?
This post describes my experience, the Method, the book, the author and gives more resources.
Your body tells you when it is suffering
Many of Pete Egoscue's "e-cise" exercises take only a few minutes a day, but can fix a many "permanent" chronic conditions. Not Physical Therapy (PT). Not chiropractic. Definitely not surgery.
Here is some of the best of what I've learned so far on this topic...
- If you are in acute pain, I'd suggest gettting the Pain Free book by Pete Egoscue. It will serve you for years, like it has me. There is so much packed into even the first 3 chapters. See the bonus You can watch a video story about it.
- It uses simple "e-cises" (exercises) for posture alignment to gently take our bodies back to they way they were designed. After maintaining bad posture, we get bad muscle memory and eventually chronic pain.
- You can usually google 'Egoscue [pain]' and Bee pain free!...
- Sitting at a computer all day, I often get back pain. His book and videos like this one from Pete at Sonima.com gets me "back" every time. ;)
What is his Egoscue Method?
The Egoscue Method® is the world leader in non-medical pain relief. Since 1971 and with over 25 clinics worldwide, The Egoscue Method has helped thousands of individuals tap into their body’s ability to heal itself and free themselves of chronic pain. This easy and gentle method has a 94% success rate without the use of drugs, surgery or manipulation. We teach YOU how to regain control of your health without becoming dependent on another person or a machine.
We believe that your body has an amazing ability to heal itself. Think about this: If you cut your arm, it doesn’t stay cut. If you break your leg, it doesn’t stay broken. Why are the herniated discs in your back, your torn meniscus, or your degenerative hip joint any different? The answer is THEY AREN'T! We simply have to give your body a chance to heal. Once that happens, you'll be well on your way to being pain free and living an active lifestyle.
Remember that your body is made to move and there are ZERO design flaws. Also keep in mind that any procedure, therapy, or modality that you choose to eliminate your pain should strive to return you to as close to that flawless design as possible. Our Egoscue therapists are trained to help you restore hope in your body and get you back to the active lifestyle that you once led.
What is the Pain Free book?
Starting today, you don't have to live in pain.
That is the revolutionary message of this breakthrough system for eliminating chronic pain without drugs, surgery, or expensive physical therapy. Developed by Pete Egoscue, a nationally renowned physiologist and sports injury consultant to some of today's top athletes, the Egoscue Method has an astounding 95 percent success rate. The key is a series of gentle exercises and carefully constructed stretches called E-cises. Inside you'll find detailed photographs and step-by-step instructions for dozens of e-cises specifically designed to provide quick and lasting relief of:
Lower back pain, hip problems, sciatica, and bad knees
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and even some forms of arthritis
- Migraines and other headaches, stiff neck, fatigue, sinus problems, vertigo, and TMJ
- Shin splints, varicose veins, sprained or weak ankles, and many foot ailments
- Bursitis, tendinitis, and rotator cuff problems
With this book in hand, you're on your way to regaining the greatest gift of all: a pain-free body! With the help of Pete Egoscue's revolutionary program of quick stretches and strength-building exercises, you can cure chronic pain, and do it naturally.
- Plus special preventive programs for maintaining health through the entire body.
- Pain Free back cover
Pete Egoscue has shown thousands of individuals, corporations, schools, and championship sports teams how to eliminate pain without investing in expensive ergonomic devices or resorting to surgery or drug therapies. His groundbreaking book, with nearly 50,000 hardcover copies sold, shows readers how to:
- Relieve lower back pain
- Improve hip problems, sciatica, and bad knees
- Relieve migraines and other headaches, stiff neck, fatigue, sinus problems, vertigo, and TMJ
- Relieve painful problems, like carpal tunnel syndrome, often misdiagnosed as arthritis
Filled with easy instructions, photos, and line illustrations throughout, this book will provide quick, effective pain relief.
- Prevent injuries and maintain health through stretching programs for the entire body
- Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain on Amazon
What, exactly, IS Egoscue?
Founded by Pete Egoscue in the 70's, The Egoscue Method is postural therapy. We believe that pain, both chronic and acute, is due to misalignment in the body as it loses its designed posture. The human body is designed to move! However, with most of society becoming more and more sedentary, the body begins to develop musculoskeletal dysfunctions and compensations. When those are present, pain and injury set in or are lurking right around the corner. The Egoscue Method restores the body back to its designed posture, alleviating pain and returning you back to an active, pain free lifestyle. You can learn more by watching our “What is Egoscue?” video.
Who is Pete Egoscue?
Pete Egoscue, an anatomical physiologist since 1978, is the creator of the Egoscue Method for safe, effective, and permanent relief from chronic pain without prescription painkillers or invasive surgery. His exercise therapy program is acclaimed worldwide for treating chronic musculoskeletal pain attributed to workplace and sports injuries, accidents, aging, and other conditions. He has been consulted by some of the biggest names in sports. His books include Pain Free, The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion, Pain Free for Women, Pain Free at Your PC, and Pain Free Living.
Sonima founder Sonia Jones credits Pete Egoscue with saving her life. Egoscue, the alignment and pain management expert, first met Sonia after she had undergone back surgery and could barely walk. His revolutionary approach to fitness and alignment transformed her physical body and turned her on to yoga, one of her greatest passions.
- THE #1 MOVE TO DO FOR A PAIN-FREE BODY
- The 8 Laws of Physical Health (from page 28 of the book)
- 3 Tips To Get The Most From Pain Free
- Visit Sonima for more Pete Egoscue Workout Tips & Videos
★What do you think? Did this add value for you?! ★
I really appreciate that you are reading this. If you enjoyed it, please tag as Relevant, comment or Share! If you would like to read my future articles and shares, please Follow me!
My articles: https://www.bebee.com/@jaredwiese
My shares: https://www.bebee.com/bee/jaredwiese?t=posts