What is B2B Telemarketing?
Telemarketing is defined by investopedia.com as the marketing of goods or services by means of telephone calls, typically unsolicited, to potential customers. While according to searchcio.techtarget.com, Business-to-business (B2B) refers to a situation where one business makes a commercial transaction with another.
By fusing these two, the term B2B telemarketing is coined. And with one glance, you’ll know from these two terms that B2B telemarketing is about using calling as a channel for business to business commercial transaction; either to sell or to build rapport between companies. This may be utilized for lead generation, customer profiling, event telemarketing or simply a follow up for an email sent, or more.
Here’s a thing or two about B2B telemarketing. Perhaps, five things:
- It helps you find and filter out people you want to have as customers;
- It enables you to raise awareness about your brand;
- It allows you to build your credibility and image among existing and future clients;
- It directs you to new opportunities that realize growth; and
- It lets you create relevant dialogues with current partners.
In a general sense, telemarketing is something your business cannot live without. Especially when you belong in a highly competitive market, telemarketing helps you maintain profitability – that is as long as it provides a continuous influx of quality leads.
Here’s a set of blog posts to lead your way into business calling victory:
Telemarketing tools needed: