Top Python Frameworks for Web Application Development in 2020
Python is making a huge mark in the IT industry and for all the right reasons. Python is an interpreted advanced general-purpose programming language which comes with a sophisticated standard library that helps to develop applications faster and quicker. Python is increasingly being used to develop different applications such as AI, Machine learning, Image Processing, Data Visualization, Web Application, GUI applications and more. Every Python developer should be cognizant of its benefits and drawbacks in order to derive maximum usage.
There are so many wonderful python frameworks which facilitate direct usage rather than going in for any kind of re-invention. Let us first explain “What exactly is a web development framework and why do we need it”?
A web development framework is basically a cluster of tools and resources which the software developers use in order to develop as well as manage different websites, web-based applications and web services. It is like an abstraction tool that not just makes it easier to develop different applications but also reuse the code. As most of these development frameworks are not very expensive, thus cus down the development cost and enhance ROI.
Mentioned below are different Python frameworks with their advantages and disadvantages:
1. CherryPy- It is basically a Python programming language, object-oriented web application framework. The prime advantage of this framework is that it ensures fast development of a wide range of web application by means of wrapping of the HTTP protocol. This framework is extremely stable and fast, so, therefore, it is used to produce different sites ranging from the simplest ones to the most complex ones.
- Several amazing tools for caching, authentication, encoding, static content, sessions and so much more
- HTTP/1.1-compliant WSGI thread-pooled web server
- Super flexible built-in plugin system
- In-built facility for profiling, coverage, and testing
- Enables running of multiple HTTP servers at the same time.
- Robust configuration system
- Operates on Android
2. Tornado- This is an asynchronous, open-source Python framework which can handle several concurrent connections at one same time. It is used in most of the polling applications and applications where simultaneous connections need to open at the same time. This framework makes use of non-blocking network-I/O.
- Facilitates execution of third-party authentication as well as authorization schemes
- Presents high-quality output
- Bolters localization and translation
- User authentication support
- Real-time services
- Facilitates Web templating
3. Bottle- This lightweight Python micro-framework builds a single source file for each application which is developed using it. Initially, it was developed for building Application Programming Interface. This framework enables the developer to work closer to the hardware and this leads to the fast and effective development of web applications.
- Adapter support for the third party template engines as well as HTTP/WSGI servers
- Fast, simple and efficient
- Facilitates convenient access from data, cookies file uploads, and other HTTP-linked metadata
- Built-in HTTP server
- Single file operates both Python 3.5x and 2.5x.
- Plug-in support for varying databases
4. Flask- Flask is a popular Python micro-framework which is ideal for small and simple projects. This lightweight framework is based on Werkzeug and Jinja 2. The prime aim of this framework is to build a powerful web application base. Because of its modular design, this framework is easily adaptable. Flask is completely compatible with Google App Engine.
- Built-in fast debugger
- Jinja2 templating
- RESTful request dispatching
- Facilitates plugging in any Object-relational mapping
- Bolsters secure cookies to set up client-side sessions
- HTTP request handling
- In-built development server
- Integrated Unit testing support
- Compliant with WSGI 1.0 s
5. CubicWeb- This full-stack framework has been developed by Logilab. This is an open-source, free of cost, semantic, Python-based web framework. Unlike, other well-known Python frameworks which make use of separate models and views, this framework uses a cube. Several cubes are joined to create something.
· Query language is known as RQL
· Bolsters Resource Description Framework and Web Ontology Language
· Has a very good workflow of security.
· Offers support for several databases
6. Dash- It is Python-based outstanding open-source framework which is primarily used for making analytical web applications. It is meant for the data scientists who are not really into mechanics of custom web development. So people who make use of Python for data exploration, data analysis, visualization, instrument control, modelling, reporting, etc will instantly have a liking for Dash.
Applications based on Dash are basically the web servers which operate on Flask and tie with JSON packets by means of HTTP requests. Basically, the Flask plugins are used to extend the capacity of Dash. Dash apps are both mobile-ready and cross-platform.
- Dash apps necessitate a minimum boilerplate code in order to begin
- Error handling Extensive level of customization
- URL routing
- Plugin support
- LDAP integration
- Straightforward interface for tying UI controls, this encompasses graphs, dropdowns, and sliders
7. Falcon- It is a popular Python-based microframework which is used mainly for building Application Programming Interface (APIs). Falcon facilitates the developers to come up with cleaner design which enables REST and HTTP architectures. In fact, Falcon can handle maximum requests with the same hardware than other frameworks. This framework is mainly used by big names such as OpenStack, LinkedIn, and RackSpace.
- Idiomatic HTTP error responses
- Upfront exception handling
- Extensible code base
- DRY request processing via middleware components as well as hooks
- Ease of access for headers and bodies via request and response classes
- High-speed boost by means of Cython support
- Unit testing by means of mocks and WSGI helpers
8. Django- This is a highly preferred free to use, full-stack web development framework which is used for building Python applications. It is in fact rated as one of the top ten web development frameworks of 2019. Django operates on DRY principle. Django framework encompasses a huge number of built-in features. It used ORM to map objects to the database tables. Even though Django bolsters MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and Oracle Database, it can even support other databases by means of 3rd party drivers.
- Authentication support
- Template engine
- Object-relational mapper
- A wide array of ready-to-use libraries
- Database schema migrations
- Bolster for web servers
- URL routing
These are the top Python Frameworks which you can use to develop your application. In order to make the best use of these Python frameworks, you need to be competent with any high-level programming language. The demand for most of these frameworks is quite high. As per business requirements and needs, you must go for any of these Python frameworks. Hire a reputed Python Development Company to enable you to decide the best framework for you.