What you need to know about India cuisine at restaurants
Many people from around the world still tend to get bemused or confused when it comes to Indian food and popular Indian restaurants in NW Washington. They see the cuisine as something exotic, spicy and hot. Perhaps there is some truth to this. In this article, we shall see some of the most common Indian food items which you get in restaurants.
The most common starter item which you get in Indian cuisines is Poppadoms. These are also called Papads, although less commonly. Another appetizer provided is the samosa. In Indian food delivery restaurants in Nw Washington, you get vegetable samosas, meat samosas, fish samosas and combination samosa. Generally, these contain potatoes, some vegetables and your choice of items like meat, fish and others. This is typically offered with special brown tamarind chutney.
Now, let us come to the main entrees. These include:
1) Tandoori: Many people think that tandoori food is always hot and spicy. However, this is wrong and it is not a hot and spicy dish at all. In fact, this is one of the safest items on the menu list for those who do not know much about Indian cuisine. Tandoori items are cooked over a traditional clay oven. The oven is called a tandoor, and therefore the items get their name. True, they do get the fierce red colour but that is not because they are spicy. In fact, tandoori items are delicious and very healthy because they have no fat.
2) Biriyani: Biriyani is to Indian cuisine what Fried rice is to Chinese cuisine. Biriyani is a dish which involves rice cooked with vegetables, meats and raisins. The taste is quite good, especially with the succulent meat pieces. It may or may not be spicy.
3) Curry: At Indian restaurants, you can get a huge variety of curry. In fact, this cuisine is known for its tasty curries, items which others cuisines have borrowed too. Curries are actually thick gravies containing tamarind, cumin, garlic and various spices.
4) Masala: Many people, even Indians think that Masala is spice. This is wrong.Masala is actually a creamy tomato sauce which is known for its unforgettably pleasant taste. It is commonly taken along with various meat items such as Chicken Tikka Masala. By the way, did you know that Chicken Tikka Masala is now the most ordered item in the UK? This is partly because the UK has a large Indian population. At the same time, the awesome taste of the dish is made it a favourite among the native British population too.
5) Vindaloo: Vindaloo is one of the most famous dishes from India, and thank Tasty Indian restaurants in NW Washington, it is known all over the world. This is a very hot and spicy dish! In fact, it is the hottest dish you can order. Thus, if you like the hot and spicy taste and mildly tasteful items don’t excite your taste buds, you should order Vindaloo.
These are just some of the most popular dishes available at Indian Cuisine restaurants. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll have a better idea of what to order next.