A Guide to Ruby On Rails and Reasons Why You Should Learn it
Ruby On Rails is a good for beginners to get started with the coding and developing their own fully-functioning, beautiful-looking, full-stack websites. More and more developers have started adopting Ruby On Rails by top app development companies who are impressed the ease of access and flexibility of the framework.
Why Ruby On Rails?
Ruby on Rails is an open-source language and framework that can be used by people with a variety of skill sets and experience. The framework is written in the Ruby language. The structure of Ruby On Rails is such that it allows you to develop web applications quickly and much easily. Startups prefer a Ruby On Rails a lot as it allows developing websites quickly while also maintaining a good usage practice. A lot of high-traffic web applications like Twitter and Airbnb are developed using Ruby On Rails.
Design Philosophy of Ruby On Rails
The design philosophy of Ruby On Rails is based the following two key principles.
- Do Not Repeat Yourself
- Convention over configuration
The DRY principle is a concept that is used a lot in software development. The programmers are encouraged to reduce repetition in their code base. Developers are also told to isolate functionality in smaller and easier to maintain files. This is how the code is made modular and easily understandable. It also becomes easy to maintain and debug. One of Ruby’s features called meta programming, is taken a great advantage of in Ruby On Rails. The convention over configuration principle takes center stage about how Ruby on Rails changes from time to time. Convention over configuration is a practice that is used by frameworks where sensible defaults are set instead of allowing developers complete control. It helps programmers in making certain decisions. This will allow them to concentrate on building the application.
Future of Ruby On Rails
There is a complaint about Ruby on Rails about how it’s not modern enough. It also doesn’t offer the features that the developers require in the current climate. But there will some dramatic changes with Ruby on Rails. Ruby on Rails 5 will soon be launched and will address some important concerns. The developer community has made sure that the update of new features to keep it up to date and interesting. The framework is also ready to change and accept the new technology. Ruby on Rails 5 comes with a great variety of features and changes. Ruby on Rails will be moving fast with many changes and developments in the near future.
Benefits of using Ruby on Rails
- One of the major advantages of Ruby on Rails is definitely the Ruby language. It is known for its flexibility. The Ruby language helps you in optimizing the productivity of a project by reducing the development time.
- The access to Ruby is simple enough. It differs a lot from other programming languages in the way that it offers a different approach to development. The idea is to facilitate the development of applications with a quick language to take work on without actually putting a limit on the possibilities.
- The development framework of Ruby is clean. There are only three main tools: a text editor, a terminal and a browser. It helps in preventing any loading time or loss of time.
- The first functionalities are quickly put in their own place and made visible in the development of applications.
- The development becomes more creative. It also allows developers to focus more on the added value of the project like adding new features, interfaces, etc.
- Learning and collaboration are facilitated in a really good way by the Ruby on Rails community. Ruby On Rails community is based on the values of sharing and openness.
How to learn Ruby on Rails
Ruby On Rails can be learned in the following ways:
- Face-to-face training in dedicated training centers that are allowed to design and deploy web applications
- Online training which is available in both video and text
- Tutorials Free access to tutorials (which are sometimes paid) in video format. It is specifically for those who prefer to be able to train in complete autonomy of the course
- There are also specialized books that help in understanding the fundamentals and explains the concepts perfectly
Are you all set to start making use of the Ruby On Rails framework for your web and mobile app development? There are many ways you can learn and train yourself on using Ruby On Rails. The courses include both front-end and back-end. If you are looking for someone to develop your applications, you can take help from some of the top app development companies.