Natural Skin Care Products For Healthy And Glowing Skin
As they say, beauty starts within so, you are what you eat. The natural skin care ingredients are the ones we can both, apply and consume, without fearing any side effect or health hazard. If you look at the back label of your commercially processed skin care products, the ingredients appear like a chemistry book from your high school, which make a real impact on the health of your skin on mere application, forget consuming them. Also, these products are quite expensive and people do not realize that an extra penny paid for them today, will cause some serious damage to their skin tomorrow.
Here is a list of the most basic, effective, inexpensive and organic skin care ingredients to look for in your products:
It is a multifaceted ingredient that is used as a potential cleanser. Its antioxidant and antibacterial properties help, nourish epidermal tissues, remove dead skin cells and slow down skin aging, thus restoring its radiance. Refined coconut oil has some missing nutrients as the process of refining removes some of the nourishing benefits from the oil. It is an all-purpose moisturizer and can be used from head to toe. Coconut oil is also beneficial for your hair health. It can be used on nails and cuticles to keep them moisturized. An impressive makeup remover, coconut oil enhances and thickens your eye lashes, when used as an eye makeup remover. It keeps the skin looking young and is a good staple to have around. The anti aging cream from Dermology uses virgin coconut oil as its main ingredient to slow down the aging process.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
ACV is primarily an economical toner and a great cleanser, as it balances the ph levels in your skin. Diluted with water in appropriate proportions, it nourishes and cleanses all skin types. For a sensitive dry skin, mix 1 part of ACV with 4 parts of water (1:4) and apply on the face before going to bed. The ratio changes to 1:2 for normal skin and 1:1 for oily skin. Its antifungal characteristics kill bacteria and reduce acne breakouts. It also clears skin issues caused by bacteria in the gut. A single shot of ACV is good for digestion.
It is the best organic source of enzymes, nutrients and skin replenishing acids. Raw local honey is a better humectant compared to processed honey. Humectants are lotions or food additives that draw moisture into the skin. Honey has antiseptic qualities, so you can apply it over acne and wounds. Manuka honey, apart from having the qualities of raw honey, is good for digestion, ulcer pain, stomach pains and indigestion.
Oats not only cleanse the skin gently, but also exfoliate and render it baby soft. They contain saponins that help calm redness and heal the dry, itchy skin. Plain oats fight acne and eczema. For an oily skin, its absorbing qualities will help to soak excess oil. The best method of application is to grind the whole oats using a blender and mixing them with little amount of water to form a paste. Gently scrub your face using the paste formed and rinse it with water after a few minutes. It leaves your skin rejuvenated.
It has proteins and lactic acid, which together detoxify your skin and get rid of dead skin cells. It can either be used as a mask or as a face wash.
It makes an excellent moisturizing agent. The rehydrating and nourishing properties of butter can heal any issues pertaining to stretch marks, scars, dry elbows and knees or cracked heels. Cocoa and Shea butter are the most commonly used butter variants. Whip them with any of your favourite essential oils, and obtain a homemade lip balm.
It is an amazing natural face mask. It cures hyper pigmentation or sun damage by lightening scars. Aloe Vera helps diminishing stretch marks and further, firms up skin.
- Turmeric: It works well as an acne healing and a skin brightening mask.
- Cinnamon: take a tiny pinch of cinnamon and mix it with a little dab of honey, whip it together and apply it on the spots. It is magical for spot treating acne that you might have and it also helps drying the acne.
Fruit Masks And Creams:
Synthetic masks or creams can make your skin dry and speed skin aging process. Bananas or any kind of berries, cucumbers and avocados are good for the skin as masks. Creams constituting non-citrus fruits are the best, as they avoid the natural ph imbalance of your skin. Dermology anti aging cream is safe, as it uses natural ingredients and safe preservatives. Although it is mild, it gives rich nourishment to your skin.
- Olive oil: nourishes skin and removes impurities. It is suitable for all skin types. Greeks take olive oil shots everyday to remain beautiful.
- Lemon oil: few drops of lemon oil in luke warm water are good for metabolism. Lemon is a natural skin brightener and its anti oxidant properties help digest fat. Mixed with honey, it forms a natural face treatment without putting any toxins on the face.
- Argan oil: an effective night time moisturizer, argan oil balances your skin tone and also serves as an aromatherapy as it has very earthy smell.
- Frankincense and myrrh essential oils: These are excellent for dry or mature skin. They heal fine lines and help restore and replenish the skin.
- Lavender and tea tree oil: they can do wonders if you have any kind of allergies or breakouts resulting from eating habits. It is a power house duo for reducing redness instantly. These are generally applied on the skin, mixing with carrier oil like jojoba oil (light viscosity).
- Rose hip seed oil: Rich in Vitamin A, rose hip seed oil restores sun damaged skin. It also helps in smoothening and evens out complexion.
Last, but certainly not the least, water is the most vital element in supporting life form on earth. Human body is composed of 70 percent water. Therefore, consuming adequate amount of water has numerous health benefits. Drinking tons of water every day will help you flush out toxins from your body and improve capillary blood flow, hence promoting healthy and younger looking skin.
The entire range of natural skin care products and ingredients are not only economically great for our skin, but also for the environment, as they are made of plant extracts. Consequently, we hope to save your skin, your pocket and the environment with this read, because we care!