Crab Cakes With Imitation Crab Meat
I love to cook. Tonight I decided to make crab cakes but I didn't have real crab on hand. I did, however, have imitation crab and decided to use that for my crab cakes. I was hoping they'd taste as good as crab cakes made with the real deal! They did and I must say, I'm not sure if anyone would have been able to discern they weren't made from 100% real crab.
Fast, easy and much cheaper than using real crab meat.
- 1- 8 oz package of Imitation Crab
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of half and half (more if needed, must moisten panko bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of Dill (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce *optional but adds flavor*
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of chopped green onions *optional*
- 1 t