6 Reasons You Should Have a Mentor
Join School of Talents on LinkedIn, Today!
The most successful people have mentors guiding their progress. It’s difficult to overestimate the positive influence a mentor can have on your success. Finding a great mentor is a challenge, but it’s worth the work. A mentor can take you places you’ve never been and do so at an accelerated speed.
A mentor is invaluable for several reasons:
1. A mentor has walked the path. A mentor has already accomplished your long-term goals. If your dream is to become a millionaire, professional baseball coach, or a successful artist, it only makes sense to find someone that has accomplished that same goal.
· They know the reality of the situation. Everyone else is speculating.
2. You’ll have the guidance you need to set appropriate goals. Are you sure about the next step to reach your long-term goals? A mentor would possess that information.
· You can be enthusiastic, serious, and capable, but your progress will be limited if you’re headed in the wrong direction.
3. You’ll gain the necessary tools in time to use them. Have you ever been in a position that required tools you didn’t have? A mentor will ensure you have th