Key LinkedIn Statistics
Key LinkedIn Statistics for you
- LinkedIn has over 760 million users.
- 55 job applications are submitted to LinkedIn every second.
- After the US (171 million+), India (69 million+), China (51 million+), Brazil (45 million+), and Great Britain (29 million+) have the highest number of users.
- There are over 30 million companies on LinkedIn with 20 million open job listings.
- 90 million LinkedIn users are senior-level influencers and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- There are 17 million opinion leaders and 10 million C-Level executives on LinkedIn.
- 6 out of 10 users actively look for industry insights on LinkedIn.
- Top soft skill that companies need the most on LinkedIn is creativity and the top hard skill required is Blockchain followed by Cloud computing.
- There are 100 million job applications on LinkedIn every month.
- The most overused profile word is ‘Specialize’
- 24% of Gen Z (18-24 years old) use Linkedin.
- There are 90,000 schools listed on Linkedin.
- LinkedIn profiles with professional headshots get 14 times more profile views.
- There are 3 million MBA graduates on LinkedIn.
- There are 6 million I.T decision-makers on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented online service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs.
In 2016 LinkedIn was acquired by Microsoft for $26.2-billion.
IMHO One of the reasons was Google plus failed completely as social media and the project was shut down in 2019.
Microsoft wants to turn LinkedIn profiles into a central identity, and the newsfeed into an intelligent stream of data that will connect professionals to each other through the shared meeting, notes, and email activity.
Sources: LinkedIn, Social Media Today, & Omnicore.