Content Marketing is Mandatory
Content marketing must be the centerpiece of an organization's efforts to reach its target audience in a trusted and authentic throughout the customer lifecycle. Original content creation is no longer a nice to have. Gone are the days of cold calling, paid content and sponsorships to drive brand awareness, interest, engagement, purchase and loyalty.
Set clear goals and a vision for the content marketing program from the onset and revisit the achievement and strategy regularly to evaluate results. More so than in mature marketing channels like print, radio and television, online and social are emerging and best practices are evolving quickly. Be agile and honest in analyzing your achievements and make trial and experimentation part of your content marketing DNA.
Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.
- Content marketing is the marketing and business process for creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Traditional marketing and advertising is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content marketing is showing the world that you are one. (Robert Rose)
- Content marketing is about delivering the content your audience is seeking in all the places they are searching for it. It is the effective combination of created, curated and syndicated content. (Michael Brenner)
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful, and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. (CMO Council)
- 75% percent of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions. (IDC)
- B2B marketing organizations are now spending more than 25% of their budgets on the development, delivery and promotion of content to drive business leads, influence customer markets and grow brand presence and authority. (CMO Council)
- 75% of B2B buyers and 84% of C-level / VP Executives surveyed use social media to make purchasing decisions. (Hubspot)
Blogging is a conversation, not a code.
- Formalize your content strategy and define your content creation and content marketing process.
- Measure results and make adjustments based on the analytics / data as required.
- Create a training program for your employees and make the curricula part of the company on-boarding process.
Socially Savvy works with businesses, executives and educational & government institutions to provide social media activation training and curriculum solutions.