Paul Kemner en Science Fiction,Fantasy, & Horror Calls for Submissions, Creative Writers Database Admin • Liebherr Aerospace 15/11/2016 · 1 min de lectura · +300
Halcyon Days - Calling for Winter Submissions
"Winter is the season's finale. It's a time of books and page-turners, snowflakes and fireplaces, gifts and Christmas sentiments. Whether you submit poetry, haiku, fiction, nonfiction, or recipes, show me specifics. Fill the submission with the season's senses."
The deadline is Dec 10, 2016
General – those required in all submissions
- Theme: relaxing, tranquil, uplifting, positive.
- Length: no minimum but it has to hold the reader’s attention.
- Margins: 1.5 inches so I can make editorial notes.
- POV: I prefer 3rd person. However, if written in the perspective of an inanimate object or animal, I’ll accept the 1st person.
- Deadlines: the 10th of March, June, September, and December.
- If your submission doesn’t have a setting, it will go into the next issue.
- If your submission has a seasonal setting and it’s accepted, it will go into the relevant edition. A Valentine or Christmas based story would seem out of place in a June issue.
o Summer – June issue
o Autumn – September issue
o Winter - December issue
- Send a maximum of five poems
- Length: no minimum but it has to hold the reader’s attention
- 1.5 margins
- Style: I prefer punctuated poems and those where the first words are NOT all capitalized.
But exceptions will be considered.
- Instills a sense of well-being and inspiration. It should be something that makes the reader want to dwell on what they read (see example tab).
- Forms: All. Haiku should be in the traditional 5-7-5 format.
- I may include up to three from the same author in the same issue.
- Think unstressed, peace,