Hyperion & Theia - Call for Submissions
Hyperion and Theia seeks to publish quality fiction, poetry, and art that shines above all else. H&T wants stories and poems that strive towards excellence and beauty. Works that are brilliant, diverse, and dazzling are well received here.
December 1st, 2016 – January 31st, 2017 11:59 EST
Anything submitted outside of this window will be deleted unread. Artists and photographers can submit year round.
Year One: Saturnalia 
ISBN-13: Coming Soon
ISBN-10: Coming Soon
the ancient Roman festival of Saturn in December, which was a period of general merrymaking and was the predecessor of Christmas.
an occasion of wild revelry.
noun: saturnalia; plural noun: saturnalias
A time of revelry and reversal, Saturnalia represents the breakdown of what has been deemed the natural order. Hyperion and Theia’s inaugural volume wants stories and poetry that runs the gamut of genres and turns expectations on their heads. Submit a fantastical murder-mystery set in the biggest carnival in Atlantis. Wow us with a sweeping romance in space where gods and goddesses serve their creations after a bloody war. Deadline January 31st, 2017 11:59 EST.
RIGHTS SOUGHT FOR ART & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Non-exclusive electronic and print reprint rights
- Ability to use the art for promotional purposes
- The option to archive the work online with links to the photographer’s and artist’s galleries
RIGHTS SOUGHT FOR FICTION & POETRY
- First world electronic and print rights in English with exclusivity for 8 months from the date of publication
- Non-exclusive archival rights as long as the website(s) hosting the work are online
- If your story is selected to be podcast and approved in the future, or an audiobook is produced, payment is $0.01USD per word for non-exclusive electronic audio rights
- Copyright remains with the author at all times
Please query if anything listed is of concern. Here is a good explanation of what this entails.
LENGTH & GUIDELINES
COVER ART: To be used in the electronic and print editions, can be art or photography, and is usually solicited.
ARTWORK: Usually solicited. Payment dependent on the artist.
POETRY: Up to 100 lines. Paid $0.25USD a line.
MICRO FICTION: Drabbles