Seedtime and Harvest
Article from Freedom
As long as the earth remains, there will be “Seedtime and Harvest”.
This is a concept that is packed throughout Scripture. The seed is
often equated with money, which is true; but it is much more more than
that. This principle is universal so it applies to everything we
Everything action we take plants a seed in our lives. Galatians 6:8 tells us that if we sow to the flesh, of the flesh we will reap corruption; but if we sow to the spirit, of the spirit we will reap the things of life. Therefore, we should never tire of doing good things. For in time we will reap these blessings.
Even though seedtime and harvest promise cover many areas, the fact of the matter is most of them deal with money or material goods. Whenever you give to God, you have not lost a thing. He repays good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over every single time. However, the harvest of sowing cash seeds into a good ministry doesn’t just mean receiving cash back into your pocket.
People who give don’t always see a hundredfold cash return on their giving. The hundredfold return comes in other ways, such as souls being saves, mouths being fed, homes being built, we all have our part in the fruit of that ministry. Every soul saved is credited to your account. If the ministry you are giving to is good ground, you definitely receive back a hundredfold and more.
I once was told a quote to help me understand about my tithe. “Am I giving 10% of what is mine to the Lord, or am I keeping 90% of what is already His.”
When we understand the Truth behind the hundredfold return harvest, giving become pure joy.
I choose some verses to help you understand:
Proverbs 28:25-27 KJV
“He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat. He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.”
– I understand here that I trust in the Lord with all of my heart and my prosperity and am certain of seedtime and harvest. I walk in wisdom and therefore kept safe. I give to the poor and lack no good thing in my life.
Proverbs 21:20 NIV
“In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.”
– I have an abundance of provisions and I don’t eat all my seed or all that I earn. I set aside for my tithe, and invest for myself and my family. This is why on side of a job, I have a home business where I can create a residual cash-flow, streams of income.
Haggai 2:19 NIV
“Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit.”
– I don’t believe this is just about money. I am a very analytical, and understand accounting very well. Yet, the seeds that many of us leave in the barn are the unique qualities of our personalities each of us has been blessed with. We all have different traits and gifts for a reason, so we should use them.
Matthew 13:8 KJV
“But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit; some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.”
– This quote applies to all areas of life. So many quit there dreams and goals before the fruit can grow. All they saw was the seed that landed on the dry path, among the weeds, so we the fruit grew they we not there to reap the harvest.
1 Corinthians 9:11 NKJV
“If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things?”
– It is right and just for me to reap a material harvest from the spiritual seed that I have sown. That I believe that best way for me to achieve my financial goals to first help others achieve theirs. The World wants many to believe that money is evil, yet it is the love of evil that is the root of all evil.
I always wanted a fun lifestyle for my family in the mountains,
hiking with my boys whenever I wanted, and such. This is part of my
Dream. Yet, another part of my dream is to live this great lifestyle on
10% on my income and tithe 90% to help as many people as I can. So,
let’s say I needed $20,000 a month to reach my goal, this would be
$240,000 a year. But, to achieve my real dream of living that lifestyle
on 10% so I can tithe 90%, I must create a residual cash-flow of $2.4
million a year. I put a date, I have the plan, and now I put into
I have heard some say, I’ll give when I have the money. Yet, giving is of joy and that is why I don’t need to reach my goal until I do it. And I will finish with my friend’s quote, “Am I giving 10% of what is mine to the Lord, or am I keeping 90% of what is already His.”