Why I’m on beBee? Who am I?
Social media is really thriving. It has literally changed the meanings of social interaction and connectivity. A large number of social media platforms have emerged within the last 10 to 12 years and people, businesses, and organizations started following each other on these networks because of the extreme ease and facility to spread their word globally and to know each other across the world. That's like a magic, and this magic has captivated the world population.
(At the end of this post, please view some mesmerizing pictures of my country, and you'll love it.)
Why Some Social Media Networks Are Ruling Unchallenged?
Because of rapid acceptance of social media among masses and professional bodies, some social media platforms became more attractive to users than others. There are various reasons behind being more attractive for these networks. One of the reasons is that these platforms offered some efficient and most required services to their users. So, these particular networks started growing up in terms of the number of users and to accumulating and reaping financial benefits. The users' tilt towards these particular networks caused them to dominate the social media. This domination grew up to the level of a monopoly in their respective fields of operations. This is inevitable that monopoly leads to dictatorship. So these dominating networks became dictators because of absence of any significant competition. The result of the monopolistic and dictatorial mindset gave birth to the evil of selfishness, self-serving, favoritism, and discriminatory practices by the management of these networks. They did, and are doing, what they want; and the ordinary users as well as publishers, their needs, complaints, and say is completely ignored. These channels never bother to have the opinion of their users before formulating and implementing any change. This monopoly has made these channels so bold that they're not only trading their users’ information, but are managing all the figures related to their users’ engagement level. One of the main purpose of such a practice is to make more money and to strengthen their hold. The writer community has directly suffered from the negative treatment of these professional social networks. They saw the worst there with their writing work and how these networks are manipulating their valuable contribution.
How I Joined beBee?
When we look at the entire scenario,
the picture looks very disappointing and gloomy for an ordinary social media
user, and more discouraging for ordinary, unprivileged, but highly capable and
talented writers. In these worse conditions, I saw the
emergence of beBee. A friend of mine, John White, informed me about a new professional social media channel, rapidly making its grounds. He invited me to visit the site and join it. It looked something very unbelievable, considering the strong roots and influence of the current professional social media networks. Anyhow, I visited the site and immediately sensed that the style and the benefits offered by beBee were looking very attractive and meaningful to professional and ordinary users. So, as a social media addict and as a believer of social media effectiveness, I was impressed a lot to join this wonderful network.
What was Behind My Joining beBee?John told me that beBee was an affinity social media network for professionals. I got everything, but the term “affinity” really was confusing. When I checked the site in depth, I found out something outstanding that I haven't seen in other networks.
1. I saw that beBee is connecting like-minded people; people of the similar fields, professions, and interests with each other. Upon entering your professional information in your profile, beBee picks similar people's lists across the network and suggests you to follow them. Similarly, it picks the groups, called Hives, of your interest and invites you to join them. The joining of a particular hive further explains your nature of interests and beBee becomes more focused to explore and identify people (members of beBee are called bees) and similar groups that matches your field, skills, and interests. Through regular engagement and contributing to your selected hives, you become able to connect with like-minded people more effectively and quickly. That's what “affinity” is all about and that was the core strength of this network.
2. I also found out that connecting on beBee with other members is extremely easy. There is no need to send connect or friend invitation. Just choose a member and click the “Follow” button. You'll start following that member's updates. This is most likely that the member or bee you start following will follow you back. So you'll see an increasing number of like-minded followers with the passage of time.
3. I found out that beBee is a very right and superb place to develop my personal and professional brand and to find out benefiting professional opportunities because of its unique nature of affinity networking and informal and diverse nature of interface and engagement style.
4. I found out that anyone can easily form a hive of interest and invite others bees (members) to join the hive. It's a very easy process,and very effective indeed to pull like-minded people. Formulating a company or business page is also very simple and free. One can, however, upgrade later on to get more benefits, but the free version of the page offers a lot itself.
5. I'm a passionate management blogger, but I couldn't continue with my passion because of the unjust and discriminative treatment of professional social media networks and their publishing platforms. They used all the writing work of the writer to promote their sites, and on the other hand, they have made the writer helpless to promote their work across the network. I came to know that beBee was preparing to launch a publishing platform soon, having the great facility for a writer to have all the control over their writings. It will be the writer's own decision and discretion as how they want to promote and spread their articles. Such a freedom to a writer is just like a bounty on social media.
During my exploring beBee process, I noticed a very efficient bee (member) engaging almost everywhere, on multiple updates. His so close interaction on updates inspired me a lot. I thought to follow that particular bee. Within a few hours of my joining I received a message of gratitude from someone. The name of this kind guy was Javier Cámara Rica , CEO of beBee. It was something unbelievable. How CEO of such a huge network can send me a message of thanks. When I viewed his profile, I was shocked by surprise to know that Javier is the same most engaged bee. That was really highly inspiring. On other social or professional social media network, it's beyond imagination that the CEO of the network, or even any management guy, interacts like other ordinary members, thanking you in person, and reachable by any member any time. This sort of closeness of the top management with ordinary members gives beBee the most significant identity, and might be its core strength, compared to all other social and professional networks.
I’m a management and marketing consultant, working independently. I'm MBA (Marketing) with a highly versatile experience in multiple management disciplines; like marketing, sales, business development, administration, general management, operations, and many others across various industries. All along with my consultancy profession, I always look for relevant opportunities to utilize my skills in a more positive and constructive way to build my organization I work for and to polish my experience. I'm a professional management blogger and writing is my passion. In shape of beBee and their publishing platform, I find an excellent network to continue with my writing work as well as to make my social and professional connectivity and engagement more strong and focused.
I belong to the beautiful country of Pakistan. Having the population of over 200 million, Pakistan is located at the strategically most important point on the world map. It's a lovely country in terms of its people, diverse cultures, terrain, and weather. It's a country full of natural resources. You'll find all the four seasons on their peak here. It shares its Eastern border with India, West with Iran and Afghanistan, North with China, and South with the Arabian Sea. Pakistan has a wonderful terrain. You'll find the world's great and snow-topped mountain, like K2 and other great tops on one side, and huge deserts and plains on the other. Lush green and highly fertile land somewhere, while barren and dry plains somewhere else. Pakistan is called the land of rivers, as five mega rivers flow across it towards the Arabian Sea. Hundred of small rivers join these huge rivers. The weather of Pakistan is just amazing. If you want to know about and see the full impact of any season, Pakistan is the best place to explore. This lovely country is the homeland of brilliant and loving people belong to different but alluring cultures, yet living and mixed up with each other in a most beautiful way.
Below are some highly wonderful and fascinating pictures of my country, depicting the contrast, making my country a lovely piece of land.
I hope you have liked my first article on beBee Publishing. If so, I would highly appreciate your positive and engaging feedback in terms of clicking the Relevant button, adding your valuable comments, and sharing the post so that it could spread to others
I usually write on management and marketing, and you'll see my posts on a variety of topics on these disciplines. I hope we'll have a good relation in future on beBee. I appreciate your following through my beBee profile to read my future posts and to develop friendly relationships.
Have a great life!