Resume Writing Services in India
How to make your resume stand out in 2020
1. Your resume should reflect the description included in the posted resume advertisements as the hiring managers have specific ideas about the required skills and experiences needed from the candidates.
2. Effort should be made in explaining your accomplishments rather than plainly listing the responsibilities. It helps the potential recruiting managers to identify individuals who can separate themselves from fellow rivals displaying the general tendency of highlighting just their duties without any intent.
3. For providing a better picture of your skills and abilities to the recruiting managers, it is essential to scale the viewpoint of your accomplishments. For example, “Instead of just saying how you increased the company’s profit, you can express it much better by putting a number on it. The appropriate response should be “Help in scaling the company’s profit in just two months from 6 figure to 7 figure.”
4. According to the most resume writing services, for crafting a remarkable professional resume, it is suggested to include a summary section where you can add your details and achievements more proficiently. Avoid using generic terms such as “hardworking,” “honest,” “sincere and result-driven,” or as such.
5. Also, ensure that you do not include unnecessary information in a resume just for the sake of filling the space. Including irrelevant jobs and activities create confusion in the head of hiring managers as they tend to think you do not understand what they are looking for in an ideal candidate.
6. Personalize your work resume layout according to the industry you are applying to. It is not a good plan to keep the same resume layout for different industries. For example, a law firm might prefer to choose a different resume layout than a design firm that puts far more weightage on examining the creative thought process while going through resume fonts, layout, and structure.
7. There are many companies which show great interest in potential individual’s resume who includes certain relevant keywords as it plays a key role in differentiating them from the rest of the fellow rivals. Thus you need to take time and ensure including vital keywords even though the process looks tedious and time-consuming.
8. Attempt to keep your resume clean and straightforward instead of experimenting with some fancy format and fonts. It is also noteworthy knowing how the recruiting managers think about a potential person’s resume layout. However, most of them certainly do believe in one thing, which is keeping your work resume clean and simple as it is comfortable for them to read and understand what you have mentioned.
9. If you are planning to switch the industries, make sure to include the objective behind it on the top of your resume. That will help understand the recruiting manager the intent behind applying for a position in a different industry.
10. It makes sense to allocate some time for researching the potential company you are applying to. In the end, it will help you personalize your resume and include essential points that are relevant to the shared information on their website.
11. You can establish a personal connection if you are good at networking. One of the ways it could accomplish is through arranging informational interviews by the people that you are connected to within your network.
12. Utilize power verbs while describing your previous employment experiences. That will help to display hiring mangers how you added value to the company by resolving specific problems.
13. If you are honored and rewarded with awards and recognition, highlight it by separating it to a different category in your resume. Also, quantify your referrals and recommendations by including suitable details in your resume profile as it gets more comfortable for the employers to approach someone who already knows your skills and accomplishments.
14. If you are a strong leader and team player, do not forget to mention those qualities as the employers are always in a lookout for a fellow individual who exhibits those skills in their field.
15. It is invariably a great idea to share evidence of your desire to update your knowledge and skills continuously.
16. If you are not applying to a very traditional company, you can add an impressive tagline that serves you as your elevator pitch differentiating you from the rest of the competing applicants.
17. Last but not least, make your resume SEO content friendly. Unfortunately, big companies do not spend enough time and resources to scan through the bulk of resume appearing every day. So resume writers recommends crafting your resume SEO keyword friendly will ensure that your resume does not get rejected by getting filtered out.