How to Find a Pet-Friendly Rental Apartment in Regina?
If you're searching an apartment for you and your pet in Regina, you may need to work a little hard. Try finding a rental without specifying you have a pet and you may find a home. Say that you have a fuzzy companion and a large number of doors will be shut to you. You can improve your chances, however, if you find a way to make both you and your pet welcome.
Why are pets not welcome in rental apartments?
Landowners choose not to permit pets for an assortment of reasons:
· Barking pets or doggies disturb other inhabitants
· Cats in some cases scratch and harm furniture
· Dogs may destroy the things like carpet or hanging clothes
· Some pets shed dander and can cause allergies
· If the owner has ever had a pet that wasn't trained, they could have chosen not to permit them in their property again
· An undisciplined pet can irritate and frighten neighbours or other occupants
What’s the solution?
If you want to find an apartment for rent in Regina, it's vital that you see your pet through the landowner's eyes and find a way to address their feelings of fears before time. A few things you can incorporate into your rental application are:
· pet references from past landowners
· an affirmation that you will pet proof the property
· Proof that your pooch went to obedience school and was passed.
· evidence that your pet has consistent check-ups
If pet dander isn't an issue with yours, say it in the application. If that is an issue, offer to incorporate a condition in your agreement that you will take every fundamental measure to solve the issue.
Hardly any landlords advertise their policy regarding pets. When you're searching for rentals, this could lead you to the false suspicion that just those that say they are 'pet-friendly' will enable you to keep a pet. Regularly, the reason behind why landowners don't publicize rental apartments as pet-friendly is because they would prefer not to discourage tenants who don't like pets, or they might not have any desire to make their condo complex with pets.
One great approach to search a rental that will welcome your pet is to hire a local real estate agent to help you with your particular requirements. Tell them regarding your pet and your relationship in detail. Is your pet trained or not? Is it older and calm or a young puppy overflowing with energy? Do you have time to take your pooch each day for a walk or will it be kept to the house? Does your pet have short or long hair? Your dog references, as well, will enable them to find the home for you and your pet.
Final WordsYou may need to begin looking sooner and expand the region of your hunt, but it is possible to find an apartment for you with your pet in Regina. After you find a pet-friendly apartment and start living there, ensure your pet behaves like a decent occupant and you will both have a cheerful time. If you need further assistance, contact Mainstreet Equity Corp.