The Essential Aspects to know about VINs and Decoding
While most of us own luxurious cars, we do not really know
or bother about their identification numbers. Well, VIN or Vehicle
Identification Number is of much importance in the extensive auto industry. The
notion was innovated in the year 1954; however, there were no real standards
back then. It was in 1981 that all cars manufactured were attributed with an
exclusive 17-digit code. Let us break it down to see what information we get.
• Position 1- The part of the world where the concerned vehicle was made.
• Position 2- The exact country in which the vehicle was made.
• Position 3- Identifying the type of vehicle it is.
• Positions 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Model of the vehicle, kind of engine it uses, etc.
• Position 9- Assessment of the digits provided until now.
• Position 10- Model year.
• Position 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 - Name of the plant where the car was manufactured, specifications of the vehicle, Production Sequence Number, etc.
VINs are exceptionally important in case a vehicle is stolen. The code is also used to look out for replacement parts and other associated gears. The number is engraved in either of the following places:
• On the door to the side of the driver.
• On the dashboard located near the windshield.
• On the spare tire.
• On the front frame.
• On the rear wheel.You can also find the number written on important documentation such as insurance and registration forms. Although it may seem simple, decoding VIN stands to be a challenging and time-consuming endeavor. Hence, instead of indulging in this procedure on your own, it would be viable if you seek professional assistance. Many renowned websites like vindecoderz.com could help you decode VIN of your own vehicle or the one that you are about to purchase. These sites are great tools, through which you would be able to know the following:
• The number of people who have owned the car.
• If the car has been through any kind of acciden