Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne Gathers 1750 guests to Celebrate its 125th Anniversary
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Back in 1893, the shores of Lake Geneva saw the birth of the very first hotel management school in world. It is precisely in Ouchy that the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne was founded by Jacques Tschumi. It has moved a few years later to Avenue de Cour. Today its campus is located in Le Chalet-à-Gobet, eight kilometers from the city center of Lausanne.
Since then, it has distinguished itself by many prizes and awards. Based on a study done by TNS Sofres in 2007, 2010 and 2013 with managers and recruiters from the hospitality world, EHL is considered to be the best in the world with regard to graduate job placement in international hospitality careers. In 2013 and 2014, EHL was named the Best Hospitality Management School in the international competition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards.
The EHL Alumni Association (AEHL) was established in 1926. Nearly 500 former students became members during its first year of existence, including the directors of prestigious hotel establishments located in Switzerland and abroad. Today, AEHL fosters a network of 25,000 active members in 120 countries.
- Bernhard Bohnenberger (1986), President, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Peter C. Borer (1975), COO, The Peninsula Hotels and Executive Director, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels Limited
- Christopher W. Norton (1980), President, Global Product and Operations, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Georges Plassat (1972), CEO, Carrefour Group
- Kurt Eduard Ritter (1970), CEO, The Rezid