Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne Gathers 1750 guests to Celebrate its 125th Anniversary
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Back in 1893, the shores of Lake Geneva saw the birth of the very first hotel management school in world. It is precisely in Ouchy that the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne was founded by Jacques Tschumi. It has moved a few years later to Avenue de Cour. Today its campus is located in Le Chalet-à-Gobet, eight kilometers from the city center of Lausanne.
Since then, it has distinguished itself by many prizes and awards. Based on a study done by TNS Sofres in 2007, 2010 and 2013 with managers and recruiters from the hospitality world, EHL is considered to be the best in the world with regard to graduate job placement in international hospitality careers. In 2013 and 2014, EHL was named the Best Hospitality Management School in the international competition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards.
The EHL Alumni Association (AEHL) was established in 1926. Nearly 500 former students became members during its first year of existence, including the directors of prestigious hotel establishments located in Switzerland and abroad. Today, AEHL fosters a network of 25,000 active members in 120 countries.
- Bernhard Bohnenberger (1986), President, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Peter C. Borer (1975), COO, The Peninsula Hotels and Executive Director, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels Limited
- Christopher W. Norton (1980), President, Global Product and Operations, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Georges Plassat (1972), CEO, Carrefour Group
- Kurt Eduard Ritter (1970), CEO, The Rezidor Hotel Group
- Hans Wiedemann (1978), Managing Director and Delegate of the Board, Badrutt's Palace Hotel
- Christian Clerc (1992), President, Hotel Operations - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Nathalie Seiler-Hayez (1995), Managing Director, Beau-Rivage Palace, Lausanne
- Jacky Lorenzetti (1969), Founder, Fonica Group and President, Racing Métro 92 Rugby
- Philippe Durand-Daguin (1965), Founder, Eurent Group
- François Dussart (1990), Managing Director, Beau-Rivage Palace SA
- Philippe Peverelli (1985), CEO, Montres Tudor SA (Rolex group)
- Alain Delamuraz (1988), Vice President and Head of Marketing, Blancpain SA
- Lorenzo Stoll (1996), CEO Suisse Romande Swiss International Airlines, Switzerland
- Mathieu Jaton (1999), CEO, Montreux Jazz Festival
- Arnaud Bertrand (2008), Founder, Housetrip
- Dominique Seiler (1990), Head of Talent Acquisition, UBS Switzerland
- Flo Sander (2001), Managing Director, iThink Consulting Group
- Alain Kropf (1990), General Manager, Royal Savoy Hotel Lausanne
- Tomas Feier (1992), General Manager Disneyland Hotel, European Hotel Managers Association
- Christophe Laure (1990), General Manager, InterContinental Le Grand Hotel Paris
- Michel Jauslin (1972), Area Vice President, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Simon Rusconi (1990), Vice President of Operations, Morgans Hotel Group
- Maximilian von Reden (1998), Managing Director, Mandarin Oriental, Prague
- Andreas Bergmann (1997), CEO, TGV Lyria
Through its subsidiary, Lausanne Hospitality Consulting (LHC), EHL Group provides consulting services and manager training from its offices in Switzerland, China and India. LHC has developed a network of certified schools to recognize institutions when they become top notch. To date, it has issued EHL certification to the following schools:
- Escola de Hotelaria Universidade Estácio de Sá, Brazil
- Beijing Hospitality Institute, China
- Hanyang University Hospitality Academy, South Korea
- Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa, India
- Université La Sagesse, Faculty of Hospitality Management, Lebanon
- Centro de Estudios Superiores de San Ángel, Mexico
- Dusit Thani College, Thailand
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, UAE
- King Abdulaziz University Tourism Institute, Saudi Arabia
- Algiers School of Hotel & Restaurant Management, Algeria
In November 2013, EHL acquired the Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality (SSTH) at Passugg, Switzerland, which teaches tourism, gastronomy and hospitality.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne Celebrates its 125th Anniversary
125 years later, EHL celebrates its anniversary in Paris bringing together 1750 alumni and guests for a majestic party at the U Arena in Nanterre, the newly built stadium in Paris. Guests were invited for a gala dinner which lasted until very late at night.
It has been an occasion to spend a wonderful weekend in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
It has been an exceptional occasion to catchup with friends living in different countries. Some had not met in the last 20 years or more.
We are happy to share a movie summarizing the long evening. This video was created thank to a large contribution of images. Thank you to all contributors for the great pictures.
Thanks to the AEHL team for the organization and for gathering us in Paris
See you next year in Barcelona!