Singapore Government Grants For Web & App Development
Grants don’t come easily, and knowing how to source for them increases your chances of getting your ideas off the ground.
Article originally appeared on my blog here: https://binarythinktank.com/blog/singapore-government-grants-for-web-app-development.html
If you are reading this article, chances are that you are looking to build a new web or mobile app for your business, and the mention of ‘grants’ has caught your attention. The good news is that you’re at the right place.
Grants don’t come easily, and knowing how to source for them increases your chances of getting your ideas off the ground. Funding is essential in supporting new entrepreneurs with launching their product, especially for large-scale custom apps. With a good list of resources in your hands, you can gain clarity of the range of grants eligible to you, prepare your documents ahead, and increase your chances of grant approvals.
As solution architects, Binary Thinktank has had extensive experience in helping our clients in Singapore obtain the funding they need, whether through grants or partnerships. In this article, we have compiled a condensed list of government grants specifically catered to support small business in developing web/app solutions for your reference.Note: The information below is current as of November 2016. Please review the latest information before committing to any particular application.
Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE)
Funding support to entrepreneurial Singaporeans who want to take their first step in starting up differentiated businesses.
- Singapore Citizens and PRs who are first-time entrepreneurs
- You will be classified as a 'First time entrepreneur' if you have never registered any type of business entities with ACRA.
- hold at least 51% equity in the company
- are the key decision makers and committed to the company on a full-time basis
- have parental consent if they are below 18 years old at the point of application
- Your company must not be registered or incorporated for more than 6 months at the date of submission and/or have received any funding for the proposed business idea from another Government agency.