10 KEYS - THE MYSTERY OF PAUL AND SILAS
LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF ACTS 16:24-25
"Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them."
1. They were never discouraged. Key- Never be discouraged in the midst of your storm. Why? Is only a door way to your breakthrough. Keep persisting. For He has said in Isaiah 41:10 (NLT) "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
2. Their faith in God was constant.They never doubted Mark 11:22 (Amp Version) "And Jesus ,replying ,said to them ,Have faith in God [constantly}". Don't doubt , no matter the situation. just lock on with your faith and stay there ! It is already done. If you draw back , you will lose your testimony . Heb 10:39
3. Will you praise God in the midst of your trial ? They did and they were delivered. so praise works . Don't stop your praise . Heb 13:15 (Amp Version)"Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name. " Key- your obedience to God's word is key to your deliverance.
4. Even though they were in chains, they still prayed . No matter the bondage , the enemy has kept you , keep praying and don't give up . Your deliverance will surely come in Jesus name , Amen. Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call." NB: "Has the Lord said "? Num 23:19
5. Despite the fact that the prisoners heard them pray and worship God , they were not distracted . Keep your focus on God and don't be distracted by the people around you. Their opinion of you is not God's opinion of you , so stay focused and wait upon God expectantly. Jesus ignored the distractions . Heb 12:2 (AmpVersion)"Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. "
6. They simply believed God Key- Allow the thought of what you believe