10 KEYS - THE MYSTERY OF SORROW
LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF JOHN 16:20(HSCB)
"I assure you: You will weep and wail, but the world will rejoice. You will become sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy. "
1. Sorrow handled rightly will soon turn into joy. psalm 126:6(NIV)"Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them."
2. your sorrow gives birth to your experience .Roms 5:3,4"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:"
3. Your sorrow gives you direction . you know who to make friends with , where to go and who to call in times of need and how you ought to pray when you call upon God. Isaiah 30:21 (NASB)" Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left."
4. Your sorrow is not a waste, but your wealth of experience , the world is waiting to learn from.Most of the lessons I write comes from my own personal experiences expressed in words. 2 cor 3:2 (NLT)"The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you."
5. Sorrow is a killer of pride and a builder of humility .Daniel 4:37 (NIV)"Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble." Key- It was the sorrow he went through , that killed the pride in him .
6. Jesus said you will weep, you did . He says your sorrow "shall" be turned into joy.Question ? why doubt the second part of the story ? Num 23:19(NIV)"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfil?" Joshua 21:45
7. your sorrow has been predicted by God that it shall turn into joy. Key- you activate the second part of the story by faith backed up with your expectations. psalm 30:5 (ESV)"For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Lam 3:25 see the Amp version
8. Sorrow brings out the spirit of compassion in us . Compassion is birth out of experience not really from reading motivational books . How do you comfort someone in pain , if you have not experienced that pain yourself . Jesus had to go through it so as to be able to comfort us in our times of pain. Heb 2:18(NLT)"Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.
9. God created everything for a season . No matter the sorrow you are facing