10 SECRETS OF THE SECOND THIEF ON THE CROSS
LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE 23:40,42,43. (Amp)
"But the other one reproved him, saying, Do you not even fear God, seeing you yourself are under the same sentence of condemnation and suffering the same penalty? Then he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when You come in Your kingly glory! And He answered him, Truly I tell you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
1. This thief had one weapon , Satan could not steal from him, though Satan had stolen his destiny of becoming a good and a great person in life. As written in the book of John 10 :10a "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:" The thief could still call on God for help. listen the enemy might have robbed you of everything , but not all ;"Your mouth to pray" Pray again, and ask the lord for help ! He will surely answer you now in Jesus name , Amen. If he answered the condemned thief ; why not you? James 5:18 says "And he prayed again ,and the heaven gave rain , and the earth brought forth her fruit." Look never be discouraged in your darkest hour . In God there is HOPE ! Call on Him again and hold your peace .Job 22:21.
2. The sentence had already been passed . Judgement concluded . but yet again , this man had something , nobody knew about . He had faith! He believed in Jesus ! Friend, if God has not concluded your case , why allow your circumstances or people to conclude it for you . He can give you a new beginning , a new start . Have you not been told in scripture " For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment." Luke 1:37 (Amp version)
3. from the time the judgement was passed, he was going to be in "HELL" the next minute, anyone would have said , well it is all over for him now ."any" yet this man had something nobody knew about. HOPE! . He had hope against all hope like father Abraham in the book of Roms 4:18 (Amp version) "[And Abraham ,human reason for ] hope being gone , hoped in faith that he should become the father of many nations ,as he had been promised.So [numberless] shall your descendants be." Listen, If it worked for father Abraham and the thief , it will work for you too . Don't give up ! Listen , Jesus is the same yesterday , today and forever . Amen.Heb 13:8
4. The Bible says in the book of Job 28:28a "And unto man he said ,behold the fear of the Lord , that is wisdom." This man had wisdom , he was able to discern his opportunity, even at the very last minute . "JESUS THE SAVIOUR OF MAN KIND" .Roms 10:13 says "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved." He is never late. You still have a chance . Talk to him , he is waiting to save you ! Amen. "All that the Father gives me shall come to me, and he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out."John 6:37
5. Satan had already announced his arrival in hell ; all the "wicked" demons in hell were already on standby waiting to usher him into eternal condemnation. Guess what ? " HE ESCAPED " ha,ha,ha ! scripture says in the book of 1 Cor 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape , that ye may be able to bear it." .Listen , it doesn't matter what the enemy has plotted against you , you will escape in Jesus name , Amen.
6. God still answers prayers .Even when all hope seems lost . Luke 18:1(NIV)"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." Key- He answered the prayer of the thief . you are still alive , is an opportunity , don't lose hope , call upon Him again . He will answer you . Amen. Jer 33:3
7. As a child of God , it is written the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance . If the thief was not forgotten, then that is some good news for you. You shall be remembered in Jesus name , Amen. Psalm 112:6(NLT)"Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered."
8. The thief knew except he brought his cares before Jesus , there was no other way for him.Key- if you have being trying and it is still not working . give it to Jesus and let Him do it . you hold your peace and worry not about it . 1 Peter 5:7(Amp)"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."
9. Jesus is not a taskmaster , no matter your sins , He is more than willing to forgive you.The thief on the cross was forgiven the very last minute . Jesus came to save us not condemn us . Isaiah 55:7(Amp)"Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have love, pity, and mercy for him, and to our God, for He will multiply to him His abundant pardon."
10. Jesus cannot wait to bless you , but the enemy will never let you know this . but will always want you to be under guilt and condemnation . The same day , when the thief repented , the lord pronounce a blessing on him and not a curse . 2 cor 6:2 (Amp)"For He says, In the time of favor (of an assured welcome) I have listened to and heeded your call, and I have helped you on the day of deliverance (the day of salvation). Behold, now is truly the time for a gracious welcome and acceptance [of you from God]; behold, now is the day of salvation!"
"In your darkest hour , God is still faithful"
THE SECOND THIEF, PRAYED JUST ONE PRAYER ; HE SAID LORD REMEMBER ME ;WHY NOT PRAY THAT PRAYER YOURSELF NOW ? HE WILL REMEMBER YOU TODAY IN JESUS NAME , AMEN.