The role of knowledge base in SaaS customer support
A knowledge base contains articles of information that an organisation/ company wishes to retain and share, this enables people to access and make use of this information through manuals, frequently asked questions, troubleshooting information and self-help documents.
There has been a growth of the knowledge base in the SaaS industry, that has enabled vendors to develop a range of cloud-based software solutions. They create an arranged format of the company's knowledge base and administer a self-service option for their customers.
1. The knowledge base identifies solutions based on solutions that are already discovered, through automated updates, sharing of information and access.
2. Customers in today's day and age prefer to look for information on their own, rather than talking to a customer support representative. They want their answers to their questions, instantly. The knowledge base comes in to play when this happens and a good knowledge base, leads to a better customer/user experience, which in turn leads to a cut in support costs and results in actionable insight.
3. Self-service provided for your product or service, through the knowledge base in SaaS, promotes the capabilities of the customers to find solutions and reduces the need for them to call or email the company directly.
4. The SaaS knowledge base is comparatively easy to learn. These solutions do not require any training, as they arrive with an instant user-friendly design, that makes users feel familiar with the environment which makes it easy to start as soon as possible.
5. When you bring in SaaS knowledge base for your customer support, it is up and running and does not require a software development period. It is a service that you, as a company will be using, which will accelerate the creation of your knowledge base.
6. Various tools in combination with knowledge base software can also improve the experience of shopping for customers on online shopping sites. Purchase history, type of product, the price range of products can be used to make a personalised set of contents established through the customer's interests. The knowledge base used in this case reduces the amount of time a customer takes to shop.
7. SaaS knowledge base bases itself with other company practices and obtains information from a dedicated customer portal. The Saas knowledge base updates itself with new information, constantly. It always works on adding new features, that keeps it on a competing level with other SaaS knowledge base software in the market.
8. A knowledge base software provider can help create a searchable database. Users can find the answers from FAQ sections through the knowledge base. By using the SaaS knowledge base to find answers from FAQs, customers spend a lesser amount of time browsing through loads of FAQs.
9. SaaS knowledge base software is easily customizable making it easier for companies to access and modify according to their requirements, which in turn have a positive impact on their customers.
10. Customers can pay a small sum of money per month to access the knowledge base. It is a medium that users can use to connect with the company directly, which makes the company available to their customers 24/7.
As mentioned in the first point, customers in today's day and age, seek to find solutions to a problem in an instant. The knowledge base in SaaS customer support system plays a vital role in creating a user-friendly space for companies and customers to interact.
SaaS knowledge-based solutions are easy for employees to learn and use on a daily basis. They can be up and running in a company's system instantly, without any hitches. Companies, in turn, can focus on running their company while the knowledge base SaaS does its job efficiently and cost-effectively.