- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Abbott Ambassador is responsible for managing and expanding existing accounts, managing and improving customer relationships, improving profitability of accounts, and handling first line service.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full revenue responsibility including forecasting and target.
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor as Abbott's main contact to customers.
- Manage and drive the development of their accounts, including key activities such as strategic account management and post sales implementation process
- New product and menu expansion targeting and sales support.
- Prepare and execute regular customer business reviews
- Manage routine renewals of base business accounts and negotiate long-term contracts.
- Provide first line technical support and troubleshooting
- Provide proactive service
- Perform technical service bulletins (TSBs)
- Implement new assays
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to customers
- Oversee progress of cross-functional implementation team (post sale) with Project manager
MEASURABLE STANDARDS TO BE ADHERED TO:
Service level achievement
Economic profitability customer satisfaction score (NPS)
Contract Renewal Rate
Describe the on the job experience level required to perform this job (management experience)
Excellent product and industry knowledge.
Strong understanding of key stakeholders and customer dynamics
Strong solution selling and relationship building skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues
Long-term, strategic focus on account
The position requires the willingness to travel on frequent basis, i.e. on average three days per week.
5-7 years track record in the diagnostic industry with an emphasis on managing and expanding existing accounts, managing and improving customer relationship, improving profitability of accounts, and handling first line service.
Proven track record in a similar position supported by management and customer references
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Tertiary Qualification in biomedical science / medical technology required
Electrical/ mechanical troubleshooting experience and advantage
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.