- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. From cutting edge personal digital equipment to the most powerful IT solutions, we use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone—at every level in every function—is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We believe anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And it’s how ideas—and people—grow.
The MPS Service delivery manager applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and for customers.
- Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area.
- Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents.
- identify potential escalations and alert management proactively.
- Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
- Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of moderate complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/HPIT infrastructure needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
Patch and Security Management:
- Apply patch and security changes per policy.
- Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Apply HP solutions to meet moderately complex customer and/or trade/HPIT infrastructure needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Provide continual improvement recommendations/direction- setting advice within work team.
- Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation.
- Lead projects from own responsibility area.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Balance internal needs with customers and/or internal businesses/end user's needs within defined parameters.
- Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi-functional.
- Seen as a resource to the team within area of technical responsibility.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
- Understanding of technology in direct responsibility (developing).
- General understanding of related technologies.
- Customer Service General Project Management (developing).
- Customer/Vendor Management (developing).
- Business Analysis (developing).
- General Financial Management .
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today, we are eager to learn more about you!
About the company
The Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) is an American global information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It develops and provides a wide variety of hardware components as well as software and related services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.