- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null RU
Our Client are rapidly expanding service provider delivering advanced managed hosting and data centre services across 40+ locations spanning 3 continents all connected onto a global private network backbone providing a truly global service capability, regardless of geography.
The company has a significant market share in its primary sector and is seeking to broaden its customer base across other industry sectors and geographies. We are a dynamic and technology-driven company who value our people, their passion and their knowledge.
Our Client is a Global Team who are dedicated and focused on delivering quality support & services to our customers. They are a professional, hard-working and fun bunch of people to work alongside. In this role you will be surrounded by approachable and helpful colleagues who have a wealth of skills and expertise in a multitude of technologies.
As part of our continued expansion we are looking for SMC Engineers to join our 24/7 Service Management Centre Team. Based in Dublin, Ireland, the successful individual will join a support organisation currently spread across Europe & North America & Asia.
Working under the direction of a team lead, as an NOC Engineer your responsibility will be to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve critical support cases raised large customer base. Our customers are global like us and they rely on the global network, hosted infrastructure and cybersecurity suite of services to be successful.
This position will require high quality support through responsiveness to incident management, business change control, standard customer provisioning, development of new service levels and improvement initiatives.
As an NOC Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Daily operational support and maintenance of all Continent 8 infrastructure.
• Monitoring of system availability and performance to minimize downtime and optimize customer services.
• Support customer's requirements targeting a 99.9% continuous service level.
• Troubleshoot any network related issues and perform root cause analysis.
• Collaboration with level 3 technical teams supporting DC, Hosting and Network services.
• Participation in technology projects across datacentre, network, cloud domains.
• The creation and maintaining support & operational documentation.
• Participation in a 24/7 shift rotation.
• A minimum of 2-5 years of experience working within a technical operations & support environment.
• Strong customer service orientation is a must.
• Experience in IP service management such as change and incident Management.
• Knowledge of the following technologies, Cisco Meraki, ASA firewall, Juniper hardware, VMWare solutions, Nutanix hardware, MS enterprise suite etc.
• Familiar with Networking monitoring and resource management Tools (Cacti, MRTG, SolarWinds etc).
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Strong technical and problem resolution skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Experience monitoring large international networks while working within a global business with multiple locations is advantageous.
• ITIL, CCNA, JNCIA, VCA, Microsoft certification is desirable.
To be instantly considered Apply Below
About the company