- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Petersburg
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer to help us empower everyone at JetBrains to get the most out of the data that we collect from our products.
Together with us, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain the backend for our in-house product analytics platform.
- Ensure the reliability of the backend infrastructure 24/7 by automating the testing and monitoring the infrastructure.
- Author Terraform and CloudFormation scripts.
- Design, implement, and maintain the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate with front end engineers, data engineers, data analysts, UX designers, and product stakeholders.
We expect you to have experience of:
- Building and deploying high availability and scalable applications.
- Writing production-grade code using any JVM language (Java, Kotlin, or Scala).
We'll be especially glad if you have:
- Experience of working with AWS, Google Cloud, or another cloud platform.
- Experience of practicing DevOps in your previous team.
How we develop our backend:
- A set of Kotlin lambdas serves requests that query the data both on demand and on schedule.
- A frontend application (React) hosted on S3 offers a user interface to view the query results.
- All the infrastructure is running on AWS.
- All the infrastructure is provisioned via Terraform.
- All the updates to the infrastructure are deployed automatically via TeamCity and corresponding Gradle tasks.
- All the updates are deployed to staging first, where they’re tested and only then do they go to production.
- All the code is in a Git repository.
- The release cycle is 2-3 weeks.
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.
About the company