- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Here at the Monetization team, we focus on healthy revenue growth. As a part of the Growth & Self-Serve team, we think a lot about our users' experience, analyze their behavior, formulate hypotheses, and run a lot of experiments. One of our main principles — value first. Every day we improve Miro to help our users understand the product’s major values quickly and clearly, use all features without any blockers, invite their teammates onboard, collaborate with them and pay only for what they use. We use a freemium and subscription-based monetization model powered by Stripe. Many of our initiatives and experiments strongly influence the Miro business model.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will help us achieve our ambitious goal — maintain revenue growth rate of 200-300% per year. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to build the team and become a team leader. Right now we have Backend Engineer, Frontend Engineer, QA Engineer, and Product Manager on the team and we plan to grow the team by four engineers till the end of the year.
What you'll do
- Participate actively in the analysis of initial issues & goals, do research and determine solutions’ requirements.
- Identify cross-functional stakeholders and collaborate with them.
- Create high-quality technical design documentation considering the product requirements.
- Implement high-quality solutions with the team.
- Take long-term responsibility for the team’s domain area.
- Drive and develop technical expertise growth within the team.
- Mentor new hires, participate in the onboarding process.
What we expect
- Strong expertise in decomposing product requirements and creating a technical design.
- Proven skills analyzing different technical design options and the ability to choose actionable items.
- Critical thinking: balances short-term needs with long-term goals.
- 5+ years' backend experience.
- Understanding of high-load architecture and cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of non-functional requirements.
- Understanding the value of tests and how to use them (unit, functional, integration).
- Proactively share lessons learned where applicable, and recommendations on how to apply learnings to future work.
- Passionate about teamwork, great communication skills (good English required).
It would be awesome if you
- Have frontend experience.
- Worked with payments/billing systems and external integrations.
- Have experience in coaching and training other people.
- Participated in hiring engineers and building strong teams.
- Worked closely with business and can clearly understand its language & principles.
- Can organize teamwork and manage big projects.
- Have 2+ years' experience in working on Agile methodologies.
Our technological stack, infrastructure, tools
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito.
- TypeScript, Less, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS.
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket.
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux.
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary.
- Stock options grant.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library.
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks.
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff.
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant.
- Help with relocation.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard where distributed teams get sh!t done (although suitable for non-distributed teams as well). Over 3.7 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers, and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have more than 16 000 paying teams from the world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Logitech, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.
About Growth & Self-Serve Team
Growth & Self-Serve Team is one of the main parts of Miro. We’re responsible for self-serve revenue growth by focusing on our customers’ journey in the funnel. We have 30+ people in 6 teams based on that funnel and use cases: Acquisition, Activation, Engagement, Monetization, Handraisers, and Consultant teams.
Join us today and be a new Miro Hero!
About the company