- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title: Professional Services Consultant for Server business
Functional Area: Services
Facility: Regional Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percent: 70
The Lenovo Professional Services Consultant:
- Implements and delivers advanced solution/appliance services around Lenovo products.
- Performs IT optimization studies and recommends strategies
- Operates onsite (includes travels) or remotely
- Works collaboratively, complementary with hardware sales team, technical sales (presales) team and Business Partners
- Works on a billable basis (customer paid projects)
- VMWare VSAN Specialist 2017 certified (a MUST)
- Experience on VMWare Cloud Foundation highly desirable.
- Experience in Linux (ie. Suse & RHEL)
- Experience on x86 server installation, troublehsooting and performance tuning. Knowledge on CPU/memory/RAID/flash storage/Blade/Data Center technologies/Converged Infrastructure and solutions from IBM/Lenovo/HP/DELL/Cisco UCS etc.
- Very good hands-on technical skills and problem solving skills (ie. hands on engineer)
- Hands-on knowledge on Microsoft technologies (Azure Stack especially, S2D, etc) is highly desirable
- Experience on Server Virtualization like Vmware, Hyper-V and KVM expected
- Experience in Hyper Converged Infrastructure (ie. Nutanix, Simpllivity) appliance implementation, design and deployment skills is desirable
- Bonus if experience in SAP HANA appliance implementaion, design and deployment
- Experience in Software-defined Storage (Cloudian/Nexenta/DataCore) appliance implementation, design and deployment is a plus.
- System Management related skills, eg. IPMI/SNMP
- Parallel file system, GPFS is preferred, GlusterFS/Ceph is a plus
- Basic networking and storage skills
- Good knowledge of Visio, Excel and PowerPoint is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the company
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and data center technology.
As a member of the Fortune Global 500 and Interbrand’s 100 most valuable global brands, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to the acquisitions of Motorola Mobility and IBM’s x86 Server business.
Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, networking, software (including ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile solutions), smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps.
Our product line includes: ThinkPad, YOGA, Miix, Legion By Lenovo gaming, Ideacentre, Thinkcentre, Moto Z and Moto Mods.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. As a true global company, our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. Everyone at Lenovo takes great pride in our ability to attract top talent from diverse backgrounds. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.