- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- US-NC,NORTH CAR-DURHAM
Technical Writer / User Assistance Information Developer-19000WW2 No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
As a member of the User Assistance team, you will work with a group of writers and learning experts to create great documentation. Our team works with product management, engineering, and UX every day.
Bronto documentation includes online articles, product walkthroughs, and videos. You can come to work knowing that you are helping our customers succeed.
- Become a subject matter expert in the Bronto marketing platform
- Write and maintain documentation for customers, partners, and professional services
- Create written documentation, videos, and interactive guides
- Write UI text within the Bronto application
- Work with product managers and engineers to scope documentation changes
- Edit and proofread colleagues' work
- Follow and enhance the team style guide
- Creating video content and scripts
- Writing HTML and DITA XML
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Working with remote teams
- Narrating videos in English
- Mentoring others
- Track record of creating successful online Help and step-by-step software instructions
- Understanding of collaborative software development process
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English syntax and grammar
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple, on-going projects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
Position Location: Onsite at Oracle office in Durham, NC
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will design, create and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware. Edit, organize and direct the work activities of other technical writers and staff. Plan the format, arrange the layout of publications and edit work for conformance to publication standards and specifications.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
: Product Development
: US-NC,North Car-Durham
: Regular Employee Hire
About the company
The Oracle Corporation is an American global computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California. The company primarily specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. In 2011 Oracle was the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
The company also develops and builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.