Comedy / Marketing / Journalism / PR / Advertising.
● Copywriting / Content Strategy / Community Management / Strategy / Content experience.
● Award-winning stand-up (retired).
● TV/Radio writing.
● Keynote Speaker.
● Written for newspapers/magazines.
● PRCA & IPA member.
October 2015 - at Present
Community management (Graham's The Family Dairy - food sector, Munro Recruitment - recruitment sector, Simpson & Marwick - property sector) ● Content Strategy (Graham's The Family Dairy, Explore Argyll - tourism sector, i-on Magazine - publishing & lifestyle sectors). ● Social Strategy (Graham's The Family Dairy, Explore Argyll, i-ion Magazine, Simpson & Marwick, Munro Recruitment) ● Content Creation (various clients across sectors) ● Attending pitches and presenting on Social & Content. ● Giving talks to boost The Lane's profile (talks on social media across the UK and have now been invited to speak at an IPA event - advertising's professional body - on creativity). ● During my time at The Lane I've also sought to expand my knowledge and experience by attending a PRCA (PR's professional body) course on Crisis Communications and an IPA session on Creative Brainstorming.
Comedian / Comedy Writer / Radio, Newspaper, Magazine Contributor / Social Media
September 1998 - at Present
● Award-winning stand=up comedian (now retired). ● Scottish Variety Awards winner 2010. ● Runner-up Scottish Comedian of the Year Finals 2008, 2009. ● Comedy writer for TV / Radio / other comedians. ● Best Writer nomination at Scottish Comedy Awards 2016. ● Hosted comedy workshops for charities & initiatives. ● Regular contributor, BBC Radio Scotland (comedy / social media). ● Occasional contributor, BBC Radio Five Live (comedy angle). ● Community Managed Viola FC football agency social presence, earning media coverage. ● Produced social content for That Lot Agency & Big Carlos Agency. ● Copywriting for npower TV adverts (via That Lot Agency). ● Produced social advertising copy for M&C Saatchi Mobile. ● Wrote sports column in The Dunfermline Press (online & print presence) for 2 years. ● Restaurant reviews for The List magazine's Eating & Drinking Guide annually since 2010. ● Articles published in The Skinny Magazine & STV.tv.
Content Marketing & Outreach Specialist
July 2015 - October 2015
● Worked across content strategy and content creation for Ambergreen clients and for the agency itself. ● Advised events and entertainment site WOW24/7 on content strategy, designed to maximise search and social traffic. ● Advised PwC company MyFinancepartner on Tone of Voice for their new website, attended a workshop at company HQ in London to this end and produced copy for the new website. ● Also produced PPC ad copy for My Financepartner. ● Worked with Gleneagles Hotel to optimise their website content. ● Worked on blog content strategy for Artesian, a social selling intelligence tool. Created blog titles from this, devised a structure for them, engaged and managed copywriters to produce the appropriate content.
Social & Content Manager / Content Strategist
June 2014 - July 2015
Content Strategist from March 2015 ● Blog content strategy and creation for Expedia. ● Devised content strategy and produced blog content for Blu Cigs UK. ● Worked on devising content ideas for a range of travel clients including Orbitz and TUI. Social & Content Manager up to March 2015 ● Created social posts for Thorntons. ● Created social posts for Expedia. ● Created planned & reactive social content for corporate clients and for the company itself. Identifying and engaging with influencers. ● Community managed s1jobs.com. ● Advised on content strategy for s1jobs.com to service both b2c and b2b facing parts of their offering. ● Created b2b and b2c blog content for s1jobs.com, including sourcing interviewees and carrying out interviews. ● My creative output earned the agency coverage in The Drum (for a Chip Shop Awards entry) and in the Scottish Sun (for creating a hashtag which went on to top the UK trending topics).
Social Media & Copywriting
October 2013 - June 2014
● Community Management for 2 Hilton Hotels in Scotland. This also included blog content strategy and blog content creation. ● Community Management for Flexistore Storage, as well as social strategy and content creation for their student-facing Twitter account. I also advised on blog content strategy and created blog content. ● Community Management and campaign management for The Edinburgh Clinic in the healthcare sector. ● During my time at Webwise I was asked to speak at the Creative Loop Event in Glasgow, sharing my social media experience with media students during a Q&A session at the event.
August 2005 - July 2007
Though titled script editor, the role also involved: ● Researching various development proposals. ● Managing clearance on any copyrightable clips or images used on BBC1 Scotland's Offside. ● Editing submitted content and managing relationships with writers, including requesting changes or giving feedback as necessary. ● Creating original scripted content for programmes across BBC1 Scotland, Channel 4, BBC Radio Scotland and BBC Radio 5 Live. ● Producing episodes of BBC Radio Scotland's Watson's Wind-Up. ● Appearing as a sidekick on the BBC Radio Scotland programme The Summer Supplement. ● Appearing as a football pundit and comedian BBC Radio Scotland's Keep Off The Grass. “Whether for tv or radio, if you’re looking for gags then you really want to give Teddy a call. Whatever the subject, however short the deadline, he delivers.” Philip Differ, producer of BBC1 Scotland’s Only An Excuse? and BBC Radio Scotland’s Watson’s Wind-Up
The Art of Creative Brainstorming workshop
at IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising)
2016 - 2016 (1 year) Edinburgh
PRCA (PR Consultants Association) Crisis Communications Management
2016 - 2016 (1 year) Edinburgh
PRCA (PR Consultants Association) Foundation Certificate
2015 - 2015 (1 year) London
MA History (Hons)
at University of Edinburgh
1997 - 2001 (4 years) Edinburgh
Knowledge and keywords