- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Vision for Education Manchester are currently recruiting for a One to One Tutor experienced in teaching both Maths and English to work on a 1:1 basis with young people in Salford.
The role of One to One Tutor will be based in youth settings or homes in Salford supporting young people who are unable to access an education setting. Ideal candidates must have experience with working with mixed level abilities, and be able to motivate and help students to progress and achieve success rates in core subjects.
To be considered for the position of One to One Tutor you must:
- Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential,
- Hold a full UK driving licence and having business insurance is preferred,
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence,
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people,
- Have experience of teaching both Maths and English,
- Previous experience of working as a One to One Tutor is desired but not essential. As a designated One to One Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil’s EHCP and make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus, therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
Vision for Education SEND are a specialist recruitment department that focus solely on recruiting teaching professionals for Alternative Provisions and Special Schools in the Greater Manchester Area. We take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with in your local area with complimentary food and drink
- Access to £350+ worth of free CPD such as Team Teach, Mental Health Awareness, Autism Awareness, SEND code of practice