- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- King's Lynn
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and adaptable person to join our Asset Performance and Field Operations teams working from our Kings Lynn Office. Working in the Flood and Coastal Risk Management Directorate the teams help to protect against flooding. You’ll play a vital role in providing administrative support to these teams.
This role is extremely varied and draws upon a diverse range of transferrable skills, you can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• supporting our programmes for inspection and maintenance for river and coastal assets
• providing admin support to the team leaders
• asset and data records management
• enforcement and landowner liaison
• stakeholder communications
• and incident response planning
The successful candidate will assist in some or all of the above areas. This will involve the management of data using Microsoft Office products and Internet based systems to ensure our records management and file structure is in place so a good level of IT competence is expected.
There are also opportunities to get involved with incident management when flooding occurs. We have a flexible range of roles you can volunteer for and you’ll get all the training and support you need.
The work we do directly and in partnership with others reduces flood risk to communities in the East Anglia Area. In this role you will be supporting two teams, Asset Performance and Field Operations.
Our Asset Performance teams are responsible for planning the maintenance of and assuring the condition of our flood risk assets.
The Field Operations Teams lead on delivery of maintenance and project works on assets and providing front line incident response.
• Proven administrative experience, highly organised and able to deal with confidential, high profile, and sometimes sensitive issues.
• Provide information and advice accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication skills, work to deadlines, flexible and resourceful with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team to make decisions and achieve planned outcomes.
• We are looking for a candidate to have strong IT and organisational skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and Office 365 and be familiar with internet based systems.
Driving licence - preferable as travel may be required to other offices.
The candidate pack and Job profile should be read along with the advert in order to understand the key accountabilities and skills needed.
Everyone starting a new role will receive the training and support needed.
- ms project